PDA

View Full Version : how many people work in to the evening?

mushpea
16-09-2012, 08:28 PM
and dose it work for you?
I have just signed up a 9 month old who will be here 10am to 8pm 3 nights a week, (2 to begin with then mum hoping for an extra day), 2 nights my son is out at clubs so I cant really sit and chill cause I know I have to go out and get him at either 8pm or 9pm depending on the night so it dosent really bother me too much but I just wonded how much it does actutaly affect your evenings, I am thinking with this little one we shall just play or get her ready for bed

Bridey
16-09-2012, 08:39 PM
Have you asked mum what she wants you to do? She may want LO ready for bed so she can put her straight down when she gets home.

sarah707
16-09-2012, 08:46 PM
I stop at 6pm - I used to care for a child until later and tbh he was absolutely no trouble - but it would totally depend on the child!

I hope it goes well for you :D

mrs robbie williams
17-09-2012, 06:07 AM
im til 630 four days a week and i find that late enough tbh, but am lucky as he is only 1 so he has is dinner here at 5 and then i put him to bed but it is still restricting, my ds has swimming on a monday and i can no longer take him so have to rely on dh or friends to take him (which luckily he doesnt mind) but i always feel guilty i can never take him.

Cammie Doodle
17-09-2012, 07:29 AM
I used to work until 9. 30pm some evenings, to help shift workers , but I wouldn't want to do it again if I could help it, I used to do weekends, overnights bank holidays to help them out too, ,but not anymore :blush:But in my defense they get to work family friendly hours now, so no one has asked recently. While I had children at home it was never a problem, but now it's just Hubby and I , I feel evenings and weekends are our time . Maybe I'm getting old and set in my ways :eek:

mushpea
17-09-2012, 09:27 AM
I used to work until 9. 30pm some evenings, to help shift workers , but I wouldn't want to do it again if I could help it, I used to do weekends, overnights bank holidays to help them out too, ,but not anymore :blush:But in my defense they get to work family friendly hours now, so no one has asked recently. While I had children at home it was never a problem, but now it's just Hubby and I , I feel evenings and weekends are our time . Maybe I'm getting old and set in my ways :eek:

thats intersting , I actualy dont mind working later now mine are older, I woudnt have done it when they were younger as it woudl have interfered in family life too much but now its no longer cool to play or hang with mum then I'm happy to work later