PDA

View Full Version : dangling c.d's (stupid question)

flowerpots
16-09-2012, 04:07 PM
Hi Ladies and gents.

Ive been googling images of outdoor spaces because i want to stregnthen my outdoor provision.

Ive seen alot of dangling c.d's. i was just wondering what these are for and how they improve the area. Are they just for younger children to look at and hopefully talk about, or is there more to it than that? :blush:

Thanks for your help. xxxx

blue bear
16-09-2012, 04:31 PM
They are shiny and reflective . I have chikdren draw patterns on them too, I have some glued to the fence for them to write on. I have them indoors with children photos glued on the non shiny side, all ages love them especially the grown ups.

flowerpots
16-09-2012, 04:53 PM
Thank you blue bear. i think i might get the children to decorate some tomorrow and hang them up dangling from a tree. x

gegele
16-09-2012, 05:37 PM
they can scare cats apparently...but not sure!! :D

JulieA
16-09-2012, 06:08 PM
they can scare cats apparently...but not sure!! :D

and the birds are wary of them too!

lisa1968
17-09-2012, 07:51 PM
they look lovely with gems and sequins stuck on them..

BucksCM
17-09-2012, 09:56 PM
I've put magnets on them too...look great on the fridge!
Mother's day, Father's day, easter, halloween, christmas! ETC!!
Being a card maker I have lots of stamps so I use them.Make sure you use the right ink though, or it will just smudge!

clareelizabeth1
17-09-2012, 10:03 PM
Lol never thorght of them as for the children I put them up over my berry bushes to scare the birds. (it doesn't work).

PerkyEars
18-09-2012, 07:24 AM
Never thought of putting them outside but I have a coat hanger with some on indoors to hang within reach of babies and they love it. I decorate them with craft pens so it's not just a plain shiny surface.

Helen Dempster
18-09-2012, 08:25 AM
Shiny...LOL. All age groups seem to love 'em. My 6yo mindees spent ages decorating them with puffy paint, and they are now stuck to the fence in the garden. However, on another point, if you are also trying to attract birds in to the garden then don't put the cds up cos it scares them away (as I found out!) :)