PDA

View Full Version : Observation for Diploma on Physical Activity

Amyathome
15-09-2012, 07:58 PM
Hello Everyone,

I haven't been on here for a while so busy with my diploma but wanted some ideas please?
I'm doing my CYPW Diploma and have my assessor coming round next week and wants to see physical activity. I have a 13 month old and my own 2 year old. Not sure they will be that interested straight after lunch but there you go. i thought we could go out in the garden but just not sure how structured it should be.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Thank You

Amy

blue bear
15-09-2012, 08:11 PM
Mine played on the slide and with balls, I'd put out lacing cards and little hammer sets too for fine physical.

AgentTink
15-09-2012, 09:53 PM
Like blue bear mine also played with slide, balls, buckets and hoops. I started a little game by rolling the balls down the slide and the littles ones had to run around picking them up and place in their buckets. I then let the kids make up whatever game they wished, which I joined in with. We jumped in and out of hoops had races up and down the slide and had to gather all the balls as quickly as we could. Through out all of this I was also able to demonstrate learning to take turns, colours due to the balls, numbers By counting balls, teaching the children to praise each other with claps and cheers, making up games, science due to balls rolling down the slide and the wind moving them etc.

LittleBuds
16-09-2012, 09:29 AM
I had a 15 mth old and two 20 mth olds. We played with bean bags, two buckets and a big hoops. I demonstrated to the children running down the garden and then throwing the bean bag into the hoop or bucket, then picking them all up again and running back to the first bucket. After a few minutes it seemed like I was losing their attention so I added in the slide and tunnel to make it more of an assault course. We ended with a song of head shoulders knees and toes which I knew mine would like.

I labelled, counted and praised good attempts. The children took turns and had fun, once they decide they didn't want to play any more I let them do their own thing and joined in with that.

My assessor took the opportunity to tick off lots of other areas too as while she was there we had a snack, I had to change a nappy and before even going out to the garden the children asked me to read a story.

Good luck, relax you'll be fine.

CH1957
16-09-2012, 08:26 PM
Ive got the same in a couple of weeks. Ive got an 8 month old, 15 month old and 25 month old. They dont really play in a structured way so not sure how Im going to plan anything. The only thing that holds their attention for more than 2 minutes is the sand/water table so its probably going to be that. Baby doesnt play with that though but maybe I could put some water in the highchair tray? Im dreading it :(

funemnx
16-09-2012, 08:30 PM
I had a plan which didn't exactly work out as the children decided to carry on with a game we'd been playing before the assessor came which was fine, we took our game outside and she said it was better because she could tick off loads of other things as well. So be prepared for little ones to lead and just follow and support - it'll be great, don't worry! :thumbsup: