PDA

View Full Version : water beads

lilliuspillius
15-09-2012, 03:26 PM
ive overheard people mention the fun they've had with water beads. does anyone know much about them and where i can get them from - many thanks

AgentTink
15-09-2012, 03:33 PM
My little ones love them. Loads to do with them such as scooping them out of water, putting them down tube courses, sorting them into colours, rolling them and everything else a kid can think of. They are tiny little ard beads that when left in water overnight expand into a werid squishy ball about the size of a 5p piece. I bought mine from eBay. I must have gotten about 5000 in various colours for £8. We played with them loads over the summer and most probably only got through 500 of them.

mushpea
15-09-2012, 03:47 PM
My son loves them and is facinated with them and hes 11yrs lol,, all mine enjoyed playing with them, the only thing we found was the bounced everywhere! so if anyone has any tips on how to keep them in one place please do share:laughing:

lozzy23
15-09-2012, 06:00 PM
The LO's love them and like AgentTink I got loads from ebay, all different colours. One LO is mad about anything fish related and I put loads of plastic fish into a container of water beads, he played with them for ages.

No idea how to stop them bouncing mushpea, I never see the clear ones until I step on them or hear them sucked up by the hoover.

Playmate
15-09-2012, 07:02 PM
I bought mine on Amazon, they are still sitting in the cuboard, keep forgetting to use them :blush:

Maza
15-09-2012, 07:02 PM
Think I got mine off Amazon. Really good and cheap. x

freckleonear
15-09-2012, 09:40 PM
I paid 99p per pack on Amazon. They're great fun, but very bouncy which means they go everywhere and very messy when you have a toddler who insists on squishing them. :rolleyes:

vals
15-09-2012, 10:59 PM
I haven't heard of these before so have just looked them up. Are they ok for children - they do look lovely but I am imaging a child swallowing one and it expanding. Having said that,i quite fancy getting some for myself for a vase.