PDA

View Full Version : First aid before registration?

scottishlass
14-09-2012, 08:10 PM
Hi

I just wondered if anyone knows if you have to have an up to date first aid/child protection etc before becoming registered? I have first aid from my old job but it is due to expire next month. I am due to attend the scma induction later this month too. Who did everyone use for their first aid course?

I emailed scswis earlier this week and they advised my PVG, health form, references etc are all back (didnt give any more info than this) and the inspector will be in touch in due course - does anyone know how much notice they usually give you for pre-reg visit? and how long does "in due course" usually take?! lol

Have done my policies and procedures so guess I should get to work on my aims and objectives and risk assesments asap!

Thanks
Mandy :)

lynncjt
16-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Hi,

I'll try and answer some of your questions as I just registered in July.

I have not done my First Aid or Child protection, these are provided for free by my council so I'm on a waiting list. I was told you don't need them to register but you would be expected to have them by the time you have your first inspection.

I had about 10 days notice of my pre-reg visit, I could have postponed it but it was being done by an Edinburgh Inspector and I'm in Aberdeenshire so was not sure when the next date would be. They will want to see your Aims and Objectives and Policies and my Inspector just talked through my risk assessments - she was very pragmatic.

HTH but shout if you want any more info.

L

scottishlass
16-09-2012, 07:38 PM
Hi

Thanks very much for your answers! At least if I have a bit time to get the other courses will be better as think i have to pay for them and am running out of money! 10 days would be fine - would just worry if they called to say the next day !! or like my fire visit where i had 45mins notice!

Feels like I am just waiting for the phone to ring now! Will get on with my RA and aims this week then so they are ready!

:)