PDA

View Full Version : Registered with ICO & Food Standards Agency

hectors house
14-09-2012, 08:09 PM
Thought today I would tick a few more things off my "to do" list - rang the ICO and they are sending me a form to complete and then I have to send them £35.

Then thought I would ring the local council to register with Food Standards Agency - I did complete a form about 3 1/2 years ago when they sent them to all childminders, but I never heard anything from them. Other childminders who are newly registered have an inspection and get a certificate, so I wondered 3 1/2 years on if they had received my form. Anyway I rang and I am already registered with them - I expect they will want to come visit now! I did ask how often the Food hygiene course should be repeated and was told about every 5 years, which is good as mine is still just in date - have just enquired about doing a free on-line one through the council, waiting for a log-in.

Maybe while I'm on a roll I should ring Ofsted and ask when they are going to come and do my inspection as 6 months late. Or maybe I won't!!

cathtee
14-09-2012, 08:20 PM
Thought today I would tick a few more things off my "to do" list - rang the ICO and they are sending me a form to complete and then I have to send them £35.

Then thought I would ring the local council to register with Food Standards Agency - I did complete a form about 3 1/2 years ago when they sent them to all childminders, but I never heard anything from them. Other childminders who are newly registered have an inspection and get a certificate, so I wondered 3 1/2 years on if they had received my form. Anyway I rang and I am already registered with them - I expect they will want to come visit now! I did ask how often the Food hygiene course should be repeated and was told about every 5 years, which is good as mine is still just in date - have just enquired about doing a free on-line one through the council, waiting for a log-in.

Maybe while I'm on a roll I should ring Ofsted and ask when they are going to come and do my inspection as 6 months late. Or maybe I won't!!

Busy busy busy.

On the last sentence STEP AWAY FROM THE PHONE:laughing::laughing:

loocyloo
14-09-2012, 08:22 PM

:D:D:D

my local environmental health don't come and see childminders, nor do we get anything to say we have registered with them! i just kept a copy of my form! mine suggest every 3 years for food hygiene, but only level 2, where as before i had to have level 3!

blue bear
15-09-2012, 08:08 AM
We only have to ring our environmental health, no forms no checks not even recomendations of food hygiene courses. Surely it should all be the same. Not hat I am complaining.