PDA

View Full Version : pogo ony one got one?

3 little ducks
14-09-2012, 07:55 PM
Have just invested in a pogo and love it, so easy to use, but am thinking back to my pre reg course and am sure the instructor said that if you use one of these then you dont need to register with ICO is this correct? Dont want to pay out to them if i dont need too! As far as i can make out when you do reg with them it is just a piece of paper what protection does that give ?

loocyloo
14-09-2012, 08:18 PM
i have a pogo and i love it too!

i don't know, as far as i am aware, if you take photos digitally, then you need to be registered with ICO. i'm sure someone who knows much more than me will answer soon!

3 little ducks
14-09-2012, 08:34 PM
thanks loocyloo, :)

funemnx
14-09-2012, 08:53 PM
I think, if you use digital technology then you have to be registered but don't forget the £35 can come off your expenses when your doing your tax return! :thumbsup:

zillervalley
15-09-2012, 06:06 PM
love mine xx

sarah707
15-09-2012, 06:20 PM
I love my pogo! It makes it so easy to do observations and parents like the little photos as they are so immediate.

Yes, you still need to be ICO registered :D

Naughty Nunu
15-09-2012, 06:50 PM
My pogo has to be one of the best investments I ever made. I have used it to make badges with our faces on and even made characters for our nursery rhyme story sacks on lollipop sticks.Love them! found I had to put a cover over them if I was laminating the pictures as the heat seemed to lift the colours a bit, however found the self seal pouches worked perfectly.:) oh BTW my pogo is pink!

tammys-tots
15-09-2012, 06:54 PM
Have just invested in a pogo and love it, so easy to use, but am thinking back to my pre reg course and am sure the instructor said that if you use one of these then you dont need to register with ICO is this correct? Dont want to pay out to them if i dont need too! As far as i can make out when you do reg with them it is just a piece of paper what protection does that give ?

ive got a pogo camera i do love it but sometimes the pictures have lines on them which can be a bit annoying

blue bear
15-09-2012, 09:05 PM
ive got a pogo camera i do love it but sometimes the pictures have lines on them which can be a bit annoying
Run the blue paper through loads of times it should clear it.
I got a bargain on eBay £6.95 including postage, logos that have been returned as faulty because of the lines on them, ran my blue paper through lots and works a treat.

Tazmin68
16-09-2012, 04:40 PM
I would not be without my pogo love it. Had it for 3 years now.

gegele
16-09-2012, 05:45 PM
is a pogo a camera or a printer??

always thought it was a stick :D

oakie dokie
16-09-2012, 06:10 PM
love mine too! :thumbsup: so much easier than waiting to develop or print.

blue bear
16-09-2012, 06:11 PM
its a polaroid printer but you can also buy a camera with the printer built in, it prints 2"x3" pictures, it does not use ink as the ink is in the paper. the pictures are sticky and perfect for learning journey's as you get them instantly no messing with the computer. you can blue tooth from your phone (but not i phone) or use a cable to connect your camera to the printer (needs to have picto bridge)

Childrenatheart
16-09-2012, 07:01 PM
I had the POGO printer & loved it but found it slow to print from phone to printer so invested in the POGO2 camera/printer & it is so much easier and quicker. I was gutted in the summer as I dropped it on the beach & got sand in the motor so it stopped printing. I 'had' to get a new one lol

Tazmin68
17-09-2012, 11:47 AM
I have the printer didn't know that they did a camera would be easier but at £140 aprox will stick to phone and printer unless I find a bargain

3 little ducks
18-09-2012, 02:51 PM
My pogo has to be one of the best investments I ever made. I have used it to make badges with our faces on and even made characters for our nursery rhyme story sacks on lollipop sticks.Love them! found I had to put a cover over them if I was laminating the pictures as the heat seemed to lift the colours a bit, however found the self seal pouches worked perfectly.:) oh BTW my pogo is pink!

What do you cover the pics with? I found that colours go funny when its laminated and had so many idea like the badges, id cards etc that was going to make but had to abandon the idea when discovered that happens when laminating. I wanted a pink one:) but got a good deal on ebay for it and had no colour choice. Still dont see why should be registered with ico when i print straight off and delete pics as soon as printed so dont store them. will put off doing that for a while, i know can put it down as expenses but still need to pay out for it and moneys very tight at the mo!

Childrenatheart
18-09-2012, 03:24 PM
Gosh £140?! I only paid £90 for mine (Bentham Electronics on Amazon) but I know the price does fluctuate a lot

child_friendly
18-09-2012, 06:38 PM
I was thinking of purchasing a pogo but which one? Whats the best to get?