PDA

View Full Version : maternity leave

clareelizabeth1
14-09-2012, 01:28 PM
I have just written a letter to parents saying i am going to take maternity leave for the full 9 months five times now my brain is not working. Being 27 weeks pregnant and very sleep deprived is not helping me in the slightest.

Do any of you lovely ladies have any ideas or have had to write one recently them selfs. I will be happy to have help from all you wonderful men to i just thought the women might have more exsperiance.

TammyN
14-09-2012, 01:43 PM
I have just written a letter to parents saying i am going to take maternity leave for the full 9 months five times now my brain is not working. Being 27 weeks pregnant and very sleep deprived is not helping me in the slightest.

Do any of you lovely ladies have any ideas or have had to write one recently them selfs. I will be happy to have help from all you wonderful men to i just thought the women might have more exsperiance.

I know how you feel, Im now 30wks and really struggling with sleep, to be honest can't even walk today with spd :( good job im off until monday. I read your post as you had physically wrote 5 letters and did at first wander why you didn't copy and paste until i clicked :laughing:
This is what i wrote...
Dear xxxxx,

Following our conversation re: my pregnancy I am writing to inform you that I have made the decision to take maternity leave from mid September/October 2012, depending on how the pregnancy develops, i.e. health, tiredness, etc. With this in mind I will be as flexible with dates as possible however feel you may need to look for and secure childcare for Xx sooner rather than later and I will do everything I can to help you make the transition for you and Xx as easy as possible.
I am hoping to return to work around Easter 2013 and I would love to have Xx back then, although I completely understand that she may be settled with someone else and you may not want to move her again.
I currently know of one other local childminder with spaces for September, but I will continue to enquire and will keep you informed if I hear of anymore.
It has been an absolute pleasure looking after Xx, She is a wonderful little girl and I will miss her immensely however feel it is right to take sometime out with my family whilst we all adjust to the new dynamics.
This may help a little, take it easy
Tammy

clareelizabeth1
14-09-2012, 01:47 PM
[QUOTE=TammyN;1157828]I know how you feel, Im now 30wks and really struggling with sleep, to be honest can't even walk today with spd :( good job im off until monday. I read your post as you had physically wrote 5 letters and did at first wander why you didn't copy and paste until i clicked :laughing:
This is what i wrote...

:) Thankyou so much and you did just make me lol at wondering why i didn't copy and past. Poor you with spd but just think only 10 weeks left and at the end we get a bundle of joy who will be one of them babies who sleep through the night (i know i am delusional)