PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed - NVQ3 - rant

pinkbutterfly
13-09-2012, 08:16 PM
Just a rant really ... signed up to do NVQ3 online. I believed it would be 12 months. My OH who also childminds signed up too. We both got funding (NOT from the council). It took about 1.5 month to get the password and for the assessor to actually come to see us to show us how the system works (it's not that straightforward). When I first logged in I saw my target end date was 3.5 month away. Found that most of the work was written assignments based on the book we had to buy. The assessor we got first was not good and she eventually left. 4 months later I've only done 4 units. I just can't do it when he's doing it at the same time. I work from 7am-7.30pm Mon-Fri and only three weeks ago gave up my second weekend job. I just can't get motivated now. It's a shame I've wasted the opportunity.

AliceK
13-09-2012, 09:08 PM
Your training company sounds as bad as mine. I've put a written complaint in to mine. Surprise, surprise I haven't had a response to it. Useless, bleedin useless :angry:

xx

rickysmiths
13-09-2012, 09:18 PM
I have just completed mine and it took 16 months, 1 Sat a month at an 8 hour study day and 6 home visits for observations and Professional discussions to complete the 16 Units.

If you have done 4 in 4 months I would say with working the hours you are, you are doing well. You were setting yourself a hard task working the hours you are to complete it in 12 months to be honest.

oxfordshirecm
14-09-2012, 09:45 AM
12 months target? I'm with parenta and isn't realise it till now bu I have only a six month target :( no wonder I am feeling stressed trying to complete it - I was under the impression 6 months was the norm. Ow well I have completed 4 out of 6 of the observations and assessor says I'm on course to complete in December which will be a whole 2 months ahead of the target. I do wish I had longer tho as I feel I'm completing the heels sendin hem off and on to the next without really actually learning anything.

CH1957
14-09-2012, 10:45 AM
Im also feeling a bit fed up with my Diploma (replaced NVQ) and dont seem to be moving very fast - we had change of assessor too. Wish I'd gone with Parenta now and got it done in the 6 months. I started in April and have done about 6 tasks, emailed my assessor to say could I do it any quicker and now she has set me 3 assignments and also wants to arrange to do 1st observation and professional discussion!! :panic: Wished I hadnt asked now :D
Can anyone tell me what happens during a professional discussion please?