PDA

View Full Version : I have double-pushchair-backache

lisa1968
13-09-2012, 07:30 PM
...and leg ache....and arm ache.....and knee ache....
...can tell I'm back on the school run after the summer hols!!

sarah707
13-09-2012, 07:37 PM
After getting bad wrist ache with my old Maclaren a friend on here recommended a Mothercare double.

it's one of those with big wheels - it's absolutely brilliant, easy to push and turns on a sixpence...

Well worth the investment if you do a lot of walking :thumbsup: :D

JCrakers
13-09-2012, 07:39 PM
You know when a lightbulb appears over your head and u realise something.

Well that's just happened...:laughing: :idea:

Now I know why my shoulders are hurting. It's because I haven't pushed my double buggy for 6 weeks. I wondered why they were hurting and now I know

Hope you're feeling better soon, Ive taken some Nurofen ;)

Although I used to get chronic shoulder ache from my awful cheap buggy, now my nipper doesn't usually give me back ache.

lisa1968
13-09-2012, 07:41 PM
..thinking about adding a motor to it.....
.....or using the schoolies as reindeer :)

PixiePetal
13-09-2012, 08:28 PM
much as I loved my old maclaren double, it did give me 'double buggy back'! a well known pain for CMs :rolleyes:

Much better now I have a mountain buggy and a P&T depending on where I am going

winstonian
13-09-2012, 08:34 PM
I've had my quad buggy out today with 4 little lumps in - I am shattered!

mum24
13-09-2012, 08:34 PM
same here, I had triple buggy out yesterday for first time in months, and so tired last night. It is a really nice one, usually so easy to push, but now carrying 3 tired 2 and 3 year olds who are heavy anyway, I really felt it.
Hopefully they will get back into walking now they are back with me after the hols.:D

The Juggler
13-09-2012, 09:21 PM
I've had my quad buggy out today with 4 little lumps in - I am shattered!

:eek::eek::panic::panic: i just got rid of my triple and I'm so happy. Mind you means fridays are a double with a buggy board on - not sure it's any better apart from the storage :laughing:

jadavi
14-09-2012, 03:22 AM
Which quad did you have? Never heard of this!
Got a graco stadium duo with buggy pod.

miffy
14-09-2012, 07:14 AM
Which quad did you have? Never heard of this!
Got a graco stadium duo with buggy pod.

Could be this one

http://www.lotsofbabies.com/page16.html

Miffy xx

bunyip
14-09-2012, 08:18 AM
Could be this one

Miffy xx

I have the twin/triple (converts) version of this. I also have a trapped nerve, so ease and comfort do matter. It's a real joy to push cos it has an adjustable grip and pneumatic tyres.

Honestly, I'd rather push this with 2-3 lo's in that 1 in a single buggy with solid tyres.

:)

JCrakers
14-09-2012, 08:26 AM
OMG.. I hope I never have to push one of those :panic:

My back hurts just looking at he picture :laughing:

gegele
14-09-2012, 08:32 AM
out and about nipper is a joy! i was really struggling with old double with little wheels and now with my big wheel i barely know i'm pushing a buggy :D

big wheels are the answer, pneumatic great stuff :thumbsup:

julie w
14-09-2012, 09:23 AM
Could be this one

Miffy xx

Ive just bought this quad. its easier to push than my old double and I can also use it as a triple or double. Only problem is I live at the top of a steep hill and thats when any pushchair hurts. Surely there must be some kind of mini motor out there. I'd love to invent one. Dragons den maybe.

bec123
14-09-2012, 08:39 PM
My knee is absolutely killing me from pushing my double with a buggy board attached - think they've all put weight on during the summer hols! It never used to bother me but this last week I've been feeling the Pain!!! :(

funemnx
14-09-2012, 08:48 PM
My Dad plays golf and has a trolley with a motor - it should be really easy to put one on a buggy - I'm surprised there isn't one about! :D

Trpta108
14-09-2012, 09:51 PM
Some childminders in Denmark have prams with motors.:)

jaswinder bedi
14-09-2012, 10:58 PM
Wow!!! I would love to have one!!! Buggy with motor:thumbsup: will do greT job for all of us.:rolleyes:

Trpta108
15-09-2012, 11:33 AM
Here is one http://www.barnevognshuset.dk/product/trille-magnum-i-graa-med-motor-439/ Only about £1500!:eek:
In some areas these are given to childminders by the council (most childminders in Denmark are not self employed).

Trpta108
15-09-2012, 11:35 AM
Here is a similar one in action http://b-danmark.blogspot.co.uk/2010/05/en-barnevogn-med-motor-giver-krfter-til.html :)

winstonian
15-09-2012, 02:09 PM
Its the foundation quad stroller - its kind of like 2 double side by side behind each other

LittleLadybirds
15-09-2012, 03:11 PM
I need a new double buggy, as the one I have is a bit heavy for me and will now be using it a lot more often, rather than occasionally! What do people mean by big wheels? They all look the same size on the pictures!

Will be quite restricted by cost as well, as really can't afford very much at the moment :(

So any thoughts on brand & models would be great! Thanks :thumbsup:

watgem
15-09-2012, 03:20 PM
I wondered why my awful backaches had gone, haven't had to use a double buggy for a while, better prepare myself for november then lol

Trpta108
15-09-2012, 06:18 PM
I need a new double buggy, as the one I have is a bit heavy for me and will now be using it a lot more often, rather than occasionally! What do people mean by big wheels? They all look the same size on the pictures!

Will be quite restricted by cost as well, as really can't afford very much at the moment :(

I love my nipper 360. I consider mclaren to be small wheels.

kazh69
15-09-2012, 09:41 PM
When they do a quad with a motor, I'm in........I love my P&T due a double is their limit.

Trpta108
15-09-2012, 11:13 PM
They do fit four children. They have a harness each and sit facing each other. But not cheap at £1500.

appleblossom
16-09-2012, 08:51 AM
I always had backache when I had the Maclaren twin. Then we had snow and couldn't go out unless I was using the single buggy with big pneumatic tryres. So I bought the Nipper 360 Double. Goes over snow a dream and no more backache:)
I have a Bibi Strolli Rider which I attach to the Nipper if I have 3 non walkers.

The Juggler
16-09-2012, 08:52 AM

the ones with huge air filled tyres hon. they are lovely to push but I just got rid of mine as I have no garage or shed or rear access to my house and they are huge when folded most of them and I was wrecking my hallway carrying them in and out. :panic: