PDA

View Full Version : daily/weekly diary

sax10
17-06-2008, 08:09 AM
could someone please give me an example of how to write a diary. I know its what child has been doing but not sure where to start

katickles
17-06-2008, 08:15 AM
Depending on the age of the child - I always ask parents if they want to know about nappies, etc.

I generaly write what we've done that day, childs mood what they have had to eat at each meal.

I also include photographs & pictures that they have done.

Any info that i want to remind parents off, eg, more nappies needed, I also write in.

I make the diary chatty & nice to read as i see it as a nice way the parents can look back at what there child has done when they were little. :D

venus89
17-06-2008, 08:21 AM
Mine's much the same - I just have babies at the moment so all the information parents get about their child's day is from diary and what I tell them. So I give rought times and what we did - eg 8-8.40 we played with the toy farm. X like this and did this. I write in a notebook rather than having a diary sheet with a set format so that if I have a lot to write I've got the room!
And I write about dirty nappies, if I gave them any food, anthing I find interesting or important.

katickles
17-06-2008, 08:27 AM
Just thouht i'd add - sleeps! Forgot that one.

I also just bought some hard back book A5 from Tesco. I made a front cover that i laminate & on the indide cover theres info about that child.

Again, theres no set out so i can write as little or as much as i want for that day.

:)

Mags
17-06-2008, 09:17 AM
I do pretty much the same thing....what's been done that particular day and note any special achievements/interests. I also like to include lots of pictures/photographs.

Once you get started you'll be ok :)

sarah707
17-06-2008, 09:49 AM
I try to make the diary so the parent will read it... I know that sounds daft, but if you pretend you're the parent, think about what you want to read. So I put the stuff I need to tell them but I also 'big up' the child and try to mention a wow moment or 2.

I save photos etc for their observations books :D

mrsb
17-06-2008, 12:58 PM
I have a contatc book, I think it is the same sort of thing really. I just put how much they have eaten, what we have done and if there is something the child has particularly enjoyed or not.
I write it as if I am the child though (ie hello mummy, today we did........)

I then also keep the pics etc to put in the obs book :)

karenjoy
18-06-2008, 03:13 PM
Yep I have brought one off ebay for a idea and then brought some excercise books from the pound shop and I will fill in there details on that x

Donkey
18-06-2008, 07:39 PM
I am going to make an a5 sheet with boxes on for me to tick/fill in then use a treasury tag to keep it together, then it goes in an a5 zip wallet and home with parent. (there will be a charge somewhere that if they lose it they pay me to make/buy another one) :D