PDA

View Full Version : 11 month old

welshgirl
13-09-2012, 10:33 AM
Can anyone suggest some activities for an 11 month old? He pits everything to his mouth, so i'm not sure how to go about messy play for him. Any other play ideas would also be great.

sarah707
13-09-2012, 06:06 PM
Follow his interests - what does he like doing? :D

Maza
14-09-2012, 08:00 PM
Put together some treasure baskets of household items, things that he can safely put into his mouth - wooden spoons or other utensils, napkin rings, new loofah etc. Think about providing things with different textures/temperatures (wood and metal have very different temperatures). If he likes putting everything in his mouth then that is what you work with - stimulating him by giving him different shapes, textures and temperatures of things to explore with his mouth. You can stimulate his sense of sound by making some simple shakers. The most popular activity for my mindee at this age was a basket of crip packets. He would shake them around for a good few minutes. I also made him a sensory path to crawl over to stimulate his sense of touch. We used a flattened cardboard box, some bubble wrap, a velvet blanket, tin foil, plastic bag sellotaped to a flattened cardboard box etc. Water on the high chair tray is a great one. You could also google sensory bags and sensory bottles.

Rosy Days
14-09-2012, 08:21 PM
Hi, you could try messy play with jelly or yogurt on his highchair tray, cooked spaghetti or rice krispies/cornflakes etc.

Paint, cheap hair gel or rice krispies in zip lock bags (sealed with tape for extra security)and let him squidge and crush it, give him tools such as rolling pins to experiment with.

I had the same problem as you, baby always put everything in her mouth so these are the activities I used to do with her.

:)

jaswinder bedi
14-09-2012, 11:04 PM
If he puts every thing in his mouth you could try like wise jelly, youghrt cereal, grapes trying different texture and also tasting yum yum!!!