PDA

View Full Version : My mindees are late!

SimplyLucy
17-06-2008, 05:43 AM
:D Yippeeeeeeee they are running late this morning!

I'm ment to text if they are more than 10 minutes late arriving, but I'm not going to this morning! :D I've only had to do it once before, and today I don't want to. It's not my job to wake them!

I know thats really naughty of me as the mum will be late for work, but the peace and quiet is lovely!

:cool: :happy banana:

oakie dokie
17-06-2008, 05:55 AM
morning mumof4, no i agree don't wake them, who woke you? precisely!

very annoying though when you have got up early to receive them.

hazelx

SimplyLucy
17-06-2008, 05:57 AM
Yes it is annoying as I slept through 2 of my alarms this morning, but the 3rd woke me up!

angeldelight
17-06-2008, 06:36 AM
Did you have to get up though just for these children - bit unfair for you if you did you could have had extra time in bed

I would not text them either

Let us know how late they arrive

Angel xx

Tatia
17-06-2008, 06:41 AM
Oh my lord, what next?! Why stop at a wake up text? Why not nip round and cook them breakfast, too.:rolleyes:

By the way, that's not aimed at you but at the mother for having the cheek to ask such a ridiculous thing!:mad:

disney
17-06-2008, 07:14 AM
im sorry but i would not send a wake up txt i have plenty of people to wake up in my own house and loads of my own things to get sorted .i can understand you enjoying the peace and quiete but like some one has said its not very nice getting up so early for nothing . hope you will still charge her for the same fee . :angry: x

SimplyLucy
17-06-2008, 07:17 AM
They eventually arrived at 7.15am.

I will charge full fee from 6.30am as no one was ill, and it wasn't a pre-booked lie in.......she would have had to have booked it 4 weeks ago! :laughing:

venus89
17-06-2008, 07:17 AM
I take it they turned up in the end? What did Mum say?

Pipsqueak
17-06-2008, 07:30 AM
Blooming cheek wanting you to text them.

I wonder why some people just can't "manage" this - I have three children, two dogs and 1 hubby to sort out in the mornings and thats before I start work!
My friend with lots of children (8) is always at school on time and she packs her eldest ones of to two different schools before 8am - they are all neatly turned out. I have never known her to be late - ever.
I nearly always find its people with one child who can't "manage" to be on time. My sister is like that!!!

mrsb
17-06-2008, 12:50 PM
:eek: I hope you charge her for the texts lol. Flippin cheek some people have though:rolleyes:

Jinx
17-06-2008, 01:21 PM
Blooming cheek wanting you to text them.

I wonder why some people just can't "manage" this - I have three children, two dogs and 1 hubby to sort out in the mornings and thats before I start work!
My friend with lots of children (8) is always at school on time and she packs her eldest ones of to two different schools before 8am - they are all neatly turned out. I have never known her to be late - ever.
I nearly always find its people with one child who can't "manage" to be on time. My sister is like that!!!

Hiya Pipsqueak....
I have a good friend who has 8 children too, and she's exactly the same!!!! Kids are polite, well mannered, neat and tidy etc.
Funny that! :laughing:

Jinx x

Pipsqueak
17-06-2008, 01:28 PM

I will charge full fee from 6.30am as no one was ill, and it wasn't a pre-booked lie in.......she would have had to have booked it 4 weeks ago! :laughing:

Good for you charging full as well. :thumbsup:

haribo
17-06-2008, 03:05 PM
oh my gosh i thought my parents took the biscuit when they are continually late, one morning i phoned and asked when they would be arriving as i had stuff planned, they told me that the lo was their alarm clock and he didnt wake early enough!!! i nearly offered to buy them a clock lol but cant believe thats true, they both have really good jobs, how can they depend on a little one waking them up??

Donkey
17-06-2008, 10:01 PM
bloomin cheek!!!!!

bet she wouldn't have been impressed if you had decided to lie in and she was hammering on the door!

theoldwoman
17-06-2008, 10:07 PM
that seems a very early start, its not every day is it, you poor thing and poor kids dragged out of their beds. My first comes at 7.45am and I try and take the dogs out for a walk before he comes and I often rush back and he doesn't arrive until after 8am, why can't she ring :angry: :angry:

sarah707
18-06-2008, 07:29 AM
The earliest one of mine doesn't come until 740 and he's 8, so he sorts himself out ...

I don't like starting earlier than that - even though my 2 are teens, they still need sorting out and getting up ...

Plus I like my peace first thing!

But as for waking up customers!!! I suggest they get a couple of loud alarm clocks! :D

foxy lady
18-06-2008, 07:39 AM
my earlist starts @ 9am
i have one due to start @7.30 in september suppose i will have to get up a bit earlier
its been nice starting later but extra money will come in handy :D

crazybones
18-06-2008, 08:06 AM
I was waiting for a mindee supposed to arrive at 8 this am. By half past I am ready at the door in raincoat (it is pouring), 3 children dressed for weather and William in pram (after much fighting) with wellies and raincover finally on. As I open the door Mum and child are coming up the path. She says - Oh are you leaving? - Err yes we leave at 8.30 for school. She says well what if I had been another 5 mins. I say You would have missed us as I have3 children ready to go, baby strapped in pram and have to pick up a lo on the way so his mum can go to work :angry: She gives me a look and raises her eyebrows.
We then have 5 mins messing around because he hasnt got his coat on and has left his school bag in the car.

I really think some of them want us to wake them up, prepare breakfast, iron the uniforms, pack the school bags and lunch etc etc. for next to nothing.

chez1373
18-06-2008, 03:31 PM
I had to pick up 2 mindees and mum take mum to work too and every morning was the same id walk in (i was given a key) id wake the kids up and the mum then id be the one getting the mindees dressed and washed brush teeth etc....

Some people are soooooo rude...

Ive since given notice. oh and no i didnt get any extra cash

buildingblocks
19-06-2008, 10:49 AM

I always charge full fee whether they are late/holiday or ill even when they have the curtesy to tell me they are going to be late

buildingblocks
19-06-2008, 10:51 AM
oh my gosh i thought my parents took the biscuit when they are continually late, one morning i phoned and asked when they would be arriving as i had stuff planned, they told me that the lo was their alarm clock and he didnt wake early enough!!! i nearly offered to buy them a clock lol but cant believe thats true, they both have really good jobs, how can they depend on a little one waking them up??

one of my parents has a child that wakes every morning at around 5.30 when he lays inshe comes blaming him for being late as L didn't wake up early so she slept in.

buildingblocks
19-06-2008, 10:53 AM
I had to pick up 2 mindees and mum take mum to work too

that is over and above the call of duty that one. i drop a child home on the way to school occasionally asit is on the way but I don't think (even if I drive) that I would be taking them to work lol