PDA

View Full Version : what shoes do you wear??

Bluebell
12-09-2012, 08:30 PM
ok so I know its a strange question but my feet hurt!! I've had so many shoes fall apart on me because once I find a comfy pair I just wear them all the time. My last pair were pretty rank and I was just thinking I needed to get some new ones when they fell apart. Now I'm wearing some sandals but they are not very comfortable and as I am doing 3 school runs a day at the moment I could really do with a decent pair. All summer I have been wearing sandals that are strapped over the top and behind ankle (lke activity ones) but need proper shoes for winter. I like wearing hiking boots and trainers but coudl do with a proper pair of casual shoes that are comfy (and durable) but I am too tight to spend a lot of money!!
so i was just curios - what type of shoe do you wear?

EmmaReed84
12-09-2012, 08:34 PM
I just ordered some new Uggs, I find them so comfortable and very warm in the winter.

But I tend to wear a range of shoes, depending on what I am wearing lol, I even have some lovely heels :blush:

But in the winter it is mainly Uggs!

Loushah
12-09-2012, 08:42 PM
I just wear black pumps, they are comfortable, cheap to keep replacing and I am led to believe by my younger cousin that they are fashionable.

blue bear
12-09-2012, 08:42 PM
There was another thread on this last week, something like daft question, try a search on flitflops I know some minders talked about them on that post

It was stupid question but.. Sorry I can't do links

kel1983
12-09-2012, 08:45 PM
I love my converse look a likes. But not very practical in the rain. I sensibly bought a pair of boots for winter but they are not comfortable. I also wear a pair of fashion trainers. As I dont want embarass the children :blush:

Stapleton83
12-09-2012, 08:49 PM
Ok so I confess I love my converse shoes they are comfy, have a practical sole and are fairly light.

I know they are expensive to buy new, which is why I have bought mine, including a fab pink sequinned pair, from ebay :blush:and they are my favourites

amanda1309
12-09-2012, 08:54 PM
I'm wearing converse at the minute but will be in uggs very soon and will be till summer when i will change to flip flops

mum24
12-09-2012, 09:01 PM
I love Ecco, they always fit really well, and last for years! I had one pair for ten years:blush:
But they were so comfy, I always buy Ecco now, I look out in the sales because I can't afford to buy new.

sillysausage
12-09-2012, 09:34 PM
I love fitflops for the summer, soooo comfortable (don't know if the fitness aspect works or whether it's just marketting) and they can be found relatively cheaply here (http://www.mandmdirect.com/ProductList.aspx?Search=fitflop).
If it's wet or in winter I have a pair of clarks ankle boots (reheeled and resoled several times), a pair of trainers and my walking boots (if it's snowy/icy)

nikki thomson
12-09-2012, 09:35 PM
Next do a fab range called sole survivors, there so comfy it's like wearing slippers, they do all different kinds, I like the ballet pump style but they do lots of other kinds as well they cost about £38 but they are leather and last a long time, hth. X

Bluebell
12-09-2012, 09:37 PM
wow - yes a bit pricey! Do you think I coudl get away with putting it down as a business expense!

jaswinder bedi
12-09-2012, 10:31 PM
I go with weather, sandles, shoes, flipflops, always best is trainers all kind weather especially if you got pushchair never wear heels oooooh!! I had terrible experince..:panic:

~Grasshopper~
13-09-2012, 05:53 AM
i love a nice comfy pair of clarks shoes :). im wearing boots now as its freezing here.

xx

stargazer1
13-09-2012, 06:07 AM
I just ordered some new Uggs, I find them so comfortable and very warm in the winter.

But I tend to wear a range of shoes, depending on what I am wearing lol, I even have some lovely heels :blush:

But in the winter it is mainly Uggs!

I've just bought some Emu's. Kept promising myself a pair and now I am earning an "ok" wage figured I can justify it. :D Soooo comfy I could actually sleep in them. Hurray for ugly comfy boots!! :laughing:

desiderata
13-09-2012, 06:31 AM
Im a fitflop girl x been wearing their summer flip flops for ages but have now got their fitflop shoes and its heaven for my feet xx yeah their expensive but as we are on our feet all day I feel its worth it. and they last and last and last and last x

mama2three
13-09-2012, 07:11 AM
ballet pump style in the summer ,long boots in the winter ... find trainers ugly and uncomfortable , cant cope with flipflops between my toes... so tend to stick to my old faithfuls!

loocyloo
13-09-2012, 07:21 AM
i have a pair of blundstone boots. expensive, esp as the last pair came from australia !!! ( they are an australian working boot! ) but sooo comfortable! they last for a few years.

Toothfairy
13-09-2012, 07:22 AM
FlyFlots, it's like walking on air :thumbsup:

KarenM
13-09-2012, 07:49 AM
I tend to go for skate trainers - Airwalk, Vans etc, at the moment I'm having to wear my boots that I wear on the bike due to my trainers falling off my feet lol. The children love it when I wear my Iron Fist, Zombie Stomper shoes. They call them my monster feet :laughing:

hectors house
13-09-2012, 08:04 AM
I love Ecco, they always fit really well, and last for years! I had one pair for ten years:blush:
But they were so comfy, I always buy Ecco now, I look out in the sales because I can't afford to buy new.

I bought a couple of pairs of Ecco shoes (suede trainers and short jodphur type shoe/boots) because I have a problem with arches on my feet and to start with I hated them (not very stylish), I did buy them in the outlet shop at Clarks Village, Street but still costs nearly £80 for 2 pairs. They are the most comfortable shoes I have every owned, but where I wear the short boot ones to toddlers groups and sit on the floor - I have worn through on the toe and they can't be repaired - am gutted - have had them about 3 years, wish they had lasted 10, like mum24's. I struggle in the summer to find something that supports my feet as too hot for shoes, did buy pair of birkenstocks which are ok but they make my knees ache as they are so flat, think I may look at fitflops - interesting to see they do shoes, may have a look.

And no bluelion you can't put them through as business expense - many years ago you were allowed to put through a sensible pair of shoes and strangly enough pairs of tights - think we had same rules as nurses!

tialil
13-09-2012, 12:34 PM
I find/ found clarks funny dream shoes really comfy and in the summer range they do lovely bright colours. Had to stop wearing them due to problems with a fallen arch etc but have kept them for when this old croc is sorted to wear again lol

I now wear fitflop trainers recommended by the foot dr. Fab, comfy and no pain wearing them and also my teens think they are ok.

I also have some crocs (great for wet play) and of course the wellies. ;)

charleyfarley
13-09-2012, 12:42 PM
I wear anything I like the look of when buying at the time :thumbsup:

Although after Florida and all that walking I bought a pair of fitflops :clapping: not cheap but pure bliss to work in :jump for joy: I am now a convert and have already sussed them out on Amazon :thumbsup:

Today I have my Next boots on, also pure comfort.

I still haven't got crocs though :panic:

Carol xx

EmmaReed84
13-09-2012, 01:38 PM
WOO HOOO :clapping:

UGGS arrived today!!! OMG they are so snuggly and comfortable... so glad I treated myself :D :thumbsup:

Hope they last as long as my last pair, I got 2 years out of them... constantly wearing them!

catlyn
13-09-2012, 04:48 PM
another fit flop fan here :D

Bluebell
13-09-2012, 05:34 PM
wow thanks for all the responses! I figured I probably couoldn't get away with shoes on expenses! Most people need shoes after all! The problem with my feet is i hate it if it slops around as it makes my feet/legs hurt especially with walking and the slip on pump/ballet shoe things you get are comfy but have no support for walking or being on feet all day - I used to have a pair when waitressing and OMG my feet killed me after a shift wearing them.Maybe I'm just turning into an old fart!
Also fussy becasuse with winter coming I want something I can wear socks with and that is not a light colour for mud/dirt wise - I live in fairly rural area but don't want balck or dark brown else will look like formal office shoe and I don't want any more of them! we have a peacocks which the shoes don't seem that durable/comfy and a proper shoe shop but the shoes are so expensive!

lynncjt
13-09-2012, 07:20 PM
Thanks for asking this - I was just thinking this morning that I would come on and ask the same question! I wear and love fit flops in the summer was not sure what to where in the winter, needs to be something that can be taken off quickly when coming inside!

cupcake22
13-09-2012, 07:29 PM
I wear whatever goes with the outfit I am wearing just as I would any other day of the week. Dont have any special clothes or shoes for childminding.

Cupcake22

Boris
13-09-2012, 08:05 PM
I bought some little ankle boots from Sainsburys yesterday. They are sooo comfy and supportive.

deb thompson
14-09-2012, 09:18 PM
croc flip flops (so comfy not matter how long you were them) just in transition (weatherwise)to Uggs, the comfiest boots in the world! I used to wear skechers though and they are really comfy from the first wear but I haven't got any at the moment x

Tatjana
14-09-2012, 10:34 PM
Trainers, trainers, trainers and various boots in winter.

Pipsqueak
14-09-2012, 10:44 PM
trainers mostly

my pumps occasionally

wellies or my hikers if the weather is adverse

my bright pink DM's - which the kids think are soooooooo funky - its my Pink Day boots (my kick ass stomper boots)

oh, have been known to wear my pointe shoes (around the house) to mould them to my feet ... kids love practising ballet with me!

watgem
15-09-2012, 07:22 AM
I wear crocs in the summer and sketchers shapers boots in the winter,bare feet in the house, I do have feet like a hobbit now though lol