PDA

View Full Version : Am i mad?

ziggy
12-09-2012, 02:34 PM
I dont have any schoolies now. Just 3 little ones, youngest goes home at 1.30 then other 2 sleep till 4pm:)

Just had enquiry to have 2 schoolies from monday, it would mean an extra £120+ a week.

May be losing my full time brothers next year as mummy having new baby so guess i should be glad of the work

No peace for the wicked eh????????

blue bear
12-09-2012, 04:02 PM
I always swore I would not have schoolies. Then one of my lo went to school and I agreed to take and collect on a temp basis, four years later I have lots of schoolies and am tempted to stop lo's and just do schoolies, I find them easier and in The holidays you can do more with them.

bunyip
12-09-2012, 04:03 PM
Wish I could have some schoolies.

I already have to be on stand-by to collect the grandchildren from school, so it wouldn't be too much extra effort.

All I had recently was some totally disorganised crazies who'd left their childcare arrangements to the last minute. Can't work with that kind of people.

I have a mum visiting this weekend with a pre-school lo. But even if they sign, they'll have to leave when he starts school, as it's too far for me to cover.

Ho hum :o

Ripeberry
12-09-2012, 04:16 PM
I thought that I would have more schoolies now that the after school club has closed and the 'illegal childminder' is no longer at the school.
But it seems that the parents have bent her arm and she is busier than ever and STILL coming to the school even when she has no reason to.
But she has a minibus and can take loads...last time I counted she had almost 10. She says she doesn't charge...what a lie :mad:

If they ever come running to me desperate for care, I'll know why...

She's off sick :rolleyes:

bunyip
12-09-2012, 04:47 PM
I thought that I would have more schoolies now that the after school club has closed and the 'illegal childminder' is no longer at the school.
But it seems that the parents have bent her arm and she is busier than ever and STILL coming to the school even when she has no reason to.
But she has a minibus and can take loads...last time I counted she had almost 10. She says she doesn't charge...what a lie :mad:

That's terrible. :angry:

Who, exactly would you report an illegal minder to? Is it police, local authority or Ofsted? I can't see any of them putting much resources into investigating and gathering evidence, and I bet there needs to be quite a strong burden of proof.

I bet they already have their excuse well-rehearsed: no more than 2 hours, not charging, reciprocal care, etc.

It must be awful for you. Almost impossible for you to gather evidence without them knowing. Then the next thing you know they've rubbished your name across the local community and you get a string of malicious complaints?
:veryangry:

loocyloo
12-09-2012, 05:20 PM
i had my schoolies today and had so many comments ... i only had 2 !!! ( plus my 3 LO and own DD ) i think people are used to seeing me with just LO! i did have a mum say, oh, i didn't know you did school pick ups.

would like to have another couple of schoolies! ( pref termtime only though! )

ziggy
13-09-2012, 07:35 AM
Makes me so mad hearing about 'illegal childminders', although there are plenty here too.

Well i had long think last night and have just text mummy to say i cant take children.

My pregnant mummy is leaving children with me full time till end of june, then plans to leave them part time.

I'm also supporting my mum since dad died in july, so realise i would be mad to take on anymore children at this time.

rickysmiths
13-09-2012, 07:41 AM
I would be ringing HMRC if I knew her name and address and tipping them the wink that she may be working self employed and not declaring all her income as you know she has chosen not to register. I would also ring the local council planning Officer and say she is running a business from her home.

ziggy
13-09-2012, 07:44 AM
i agree but how can it be proven they are being paid?

There are at least 3 'illegal' minders in our small village

KarenM
13-09-2012, 08:08 AM
How can you tell if they are 'illegal'? I know many bad minders around here, but have no idea if they are registered or not.