PDA

View Full Version : Variation - would you do this?

JCrakers
12-09-2012, 11:45 AM
I know its all down to individual decision and what I can and cant cope with but I'm struggling to get my head around a particular enquiry. :D Just wanted some advice of what everyone would do. Ive asked before but Im still unsure of whether to say yes :laughing: I've been through a RA and have equipment etc.
The only problem I can see is toddler group on a Thurs morning. I might have to miss this for a few weeks as wouldn't manage 4 children in a church.

Enquiry is a baby in Feb, will be 6-7m old. Mum wants part time from Feb and it will turn full time in May (TTO which suits me) It will be mon-fri 8am-5pm by May. My 4yr old will leave in July and come back in Sept as a schoolie as she is TTO so to fill her space would be amazing :D

So this will be my week by Feb as I can't see anything changing:
Mon
4yr old 8-6pm
3yr old 9-3pm
13m old 11.30-5pm
3 after school children aged between 7yr-8yrs

Tue
4yr old 8-6pm
3yr old 9-3pm
13m old 11-5pm
6 after school children aged between 6yr-9yrs

Wed
4yr old 8-6pm
3yr old 9-3pm
7 after school children aged between 6yr-9yrs

Thurs
4yr old 8-6pm
3yr old 9-4pm
2yr old 8-6pm
4 after school children aged between 4yr-9yrs

Fri
3yr old 9-4pm
2yr old 8-6pm
1 after school child aged 4yrs

So I would offer her Weds and Fri to start but I'm wandering when it becomes full time will I find it too much..The school children have all been attending for around 5years so have grown up here. They are all well behaved. It works quite well because my 3yr old goes home before school run.

I think it will be manageable and will only be from May until 12th July and then my 4yr old will leave for school.
Any reassurance or negative feedback welcome :D Im rubbish at coming to decisions :blush:

nipper
12-09-2012, 11:53 AM
To be honest if you've had her for three months already, when she starts full time in May she will be that bit older ie ten months or so and things might actually not be as bad as you thought. You sound as if you'd like to give it a go and like you say it's only term time. Plus it's only another couple of months from May to the end of the Summer term, so when she returns in September she would be about 12/13months old, crawling, walking everywhere, falling over...?!!!:panic:Just joking!
Personally I would do it, as you said you are lucky to be able to fill the four year old space when she leaves to go to school, but then again I love a challenge ME!
Good luck and enjoy it.

miffy
12-09-2012, 12:55 PM
Only you know the children you are already caring for and if another little one will fit in or cause you too much work. Personally I would not want to be as busy as you are on a Tuesday and Wednesday after school but you can obviously cope with it so another one might be fine. I often find the older ones enjoy having the babies around and will happily play with them.

Miffy xx

kellyb
13-09-2012, 08:31 AM
As i read it, most days you'll have over your 6 under 8 years old and that's not allowed unless you have an assistant.. So I don't think you can do it legally anyway

PixiePetal
13-09-2012, 08:39 AM
As i read it, most days you'll have over your 6 under 8 years old and that's not allowed unless you have an assistant.. So I don't think you can do it legally anyway

this is what i was thinking too?

we can't go over that number in any circumstance

JCrakers
13-09-2012, 11:19 AM
Thanks girls (or boys :D) Im going to give it some more thought.
Thanks Nipper, something to think about :D

I'm rubbish at decisions :blush:.
I do thrive when Im busy and I do know all the children very well so that makes it a lot easier.

Im definitely not over my 6 total :D I know it looks like a lot of school children but a lot of these are 8 and over and been with me for 3-5yrs :D
Mon ive got 3
Tues is 4
Weds is 4
Thurs is 5
Fri is 3
So definitely got space :D

blue bear
13-09-2012, 11:50 AM
Looks much like my normal working week except I have four under 5's three times a week and most days at least one and sometimes two of my lo's only do the school hours so not here after school