PDA

View Full Version : advice please

adele1985
12-09-2012, 10:35 AM
ok a bit of background

I care for a little girl ( 4 in jan) 2 days a week and have done since feb, she is such a nice little girl

anyway i have had my first full time little girl start last month this is where the fun began lol

both girls love the dressing up, dolls, pretend play which is fine as i have two buggies and about 5 dolls so plenty to go around or so i thought - everything the new little girl plays with the other wants and when she is told no she goes in a strop and starts to cry (which is driving me mad lol)

today we were reading stories, my older mindee choose the first book and we read it then the new mindee choose one (first strop began) we then sang songs same happend again

shes refusing to eat things which i know she likes as shes had them before

she refuses to tidy up

she tells me and mum on a regular basis " I dont like M and its my Adele - its not fair"

really dont know what to do about it

ive tried ignoring her strops
ive trid telling her that M only wants to play ith her as shes a big girl
i praise her when she helps or is nice to M
i sit with them both to encourage sharing

any other ideas :rolleyes:

sarah707
12-09-2012, 06:19 PM
Bless it sounds like serious jealousy going on!

I think you are doing all the right things - just be consistent and it will pass :D

VeggieSausage
12-09-2012, 06:52 PM
i would give sticker charts a go, maybe in unison at home and at yours....little girls do love stickers especially nice girly ones.....stickers if she shares nicely and takes turns nicely and is kind or doesn't make a fuss with the other one...I am sure it will pass but best to try and put a stop to it now if possible.....good luck...

littlecheeks
12-09-2012, 07:10 PM
is she younger by any chance?
i agree with sarah im sure if you carry on as you are it will pass.
maybe just try extra rewards/praise when she does play nicely or wait her turn.
i'm sure she will get past it

adele1985
13-09-2012, 05:33 AM
the new mindee is 2 and my over is 4 in january so shes older than the new mindee

I do sticker charts (each child has one which i print of with their favourite cartoon charicter on it) might need to go and buy some nice sparkley stickers today

hopefully today will be better than tomorrow ( we had a 20 minuet tantrum why you ask........I said it was to early to sing jingle bells :rolleyes:)