PDA

View Full Version : claiming free milk..

lucyD
12-09-2012, 08:49 AM
Which is the best scheme to use to claim free milk? Also do they send it to you or do they just reimburse you costs? many thanks

QualityCare
12-09-2012, 09:01 AM
l use coolmilk milkman delivers 3 times a week (thats just how often he is in my area) and claims the cost through them direct, l confirm weekly by email that l have recieved the amount claimed for and make any changes over the phone.

tulip0803
12-09-2012, 09:41 AM
I buy the milk with my weekly shop and claim back through www.nurserymilk.co.uk at the end of the month. They pay it straight into my bank and I always know I have the correct milk even if children vary.

The government has been looking into the free milk delivery services as some have been charging the government way over the odds for milk. If you use a delivery service you are responsible if they over deliver and would be liable to repay the govt if you were checked.

nipper
12-09-2012, 09:53 AM
I use Scotts. Very reliable service, delivered early morning once a week. No payment from me, no paperwork no emails to check the amount I have used.
If I need any more (I never have to date) one easy phone call sorts it out.

lucyD
12-09-2012, 10:34 AM
I buy the milk with my weekly shop and claim back through www.nurserymilk.co.uk at the end of the month. They pay it straight into my bank and I always know I have the correct milk even if children vary.

The government has been looking into the free milk delivery services as some have been charging the government way over the odds for milk. If you use a delivery service you are responsible if they over deliver and would be liable to repay the govt if you were checked.

Thanks will do this then..can you still claim if you shop online?

kellib
12-09-2012, 10:35 AM
I use Scotts. Very reliable service, delivered early morning once a week. No payment from me, no paperwork no emails to check the amount I have used.
If I need any more (I never have to date) one easy phone call sorts it out.

Same here though I did have a problem with them at the start as they couldn't get access to my building to deliver but have to say they were so helpful and sorted it asap.

tulip0803
12-09-2012, 11:10 AM
Thanks will do this then..can you still claim if you shop online?

I use asda delivery and I just keep the delivery receipts as proof of purchase.

jaswinder bedi
12-09-2012, 11:16 AM
Hi, i use scotts milk home delivery free of charge use to be twice a week but i have less children so its once a week. its brilliant no paper work just ring when any changes at your setting with mindees. I would recommend ........:thumbsup: so far no hassle and no paperwork number is 01400283600. I hope this is useful any childminder can ring you just have to register once with all the details and they will start their service. Good luck....