12-09-2012, 07:53 AM
I use;
1 cup of water
1 tablespoon of veg oil
1/2 cup of salt
1 tablespoon of cream of tartar
food colouring and flavouring
1 cup of plain flour.

All of this goes into a saucepan, you heat it up stirring all the time until it forms a big lump and comes away from the sides of the pan.
Tip it out onto a board and when its cooled, knead it and there you go... I keep mine in a zip lock bag :thumbsup:

sarahjane
12-09-2012, 08:03 AM
Thank you :)

karensmart4
12-09-2012, 08:05 AM
No problem, there are lots of recipes but this one works well so I stick to just doing this with various colours and aromas :thumbsup:

Jods
12-09-2012, 08:07 AM
yup - best stuff to add for Aroma - Angeldelight x

loocyloo
12-09-2012, 08:13 AM
yup - best stuff to add for Aroma - Angeldelight x

:thumbsup: does that work? doesn't it make it go gooey? do you add the whole packet or just a spoonful?

Jods
12-09-2012, 08:19 AM
I add the whole packet - does not go gooey or anything like that, the one problem is it makes the dough smell like chocolate, strawberries or butterscotch mmmmmmmmmmm x

and I add sand, glitter and sawdust, rice is okay as long as the dough cant sweat x

christine e
12-09-2012, 08:21 AM
I use;
1 cup of water
1 tablespoon of veg oil
1/2 cup of salt
1 tablespoon of cream of tartar
food colouring and flavouring
1 cup of plain flour.

All of this goes into a saucepan, you heat it up stirring all the time until it forms a big lump and comes away from the sides of the pan.
Tip it out onto a board and when its cooled, knead it and there you go... I keep mine in a zip lock bag :thumbsup:

As above but I no longer heat in a saucepan I add boiling water and just mix in a mixing bowl - I found cleaning the pan to be a nightmare - this way no messy pan to clean:thumbsup:

Chattie
12-09-2012, 09:25 AM
I add the whole packet - does not go gooey or anything like that, the one problem is it makes the dough smell like chocolate, strawberries or butterscotch mmmmmmmmmmm x

and I add sand, glitter and sawdust, rice is okay as long as the dough cant sweat x

Do you add it before or after you cook it?

Jods
12-09-2012, 09:32 AM
I add it at the end - I use the hot water and mixing bowl method as mentioned by christine e, and then when its warm enough to handle thats when I mix in the extra ingredients, with very young monsters you will need to watch as it does smell so real - also if you use chocolate and make the dough brown, save your chocolate boxes and make choccies x

for pirate week we are having black dough with silver glitter, and gold dough (use gold tint paints with yellow food colouring, just add a bit more flour, I do this by trial and error) with glitter (not mixed together)