PDA

View Full Version : Self registration ideas

Cazz
11-09-2012, 10:16 PM
I'm firing on all cylinders and feel very motivated at the moment - long may it continue!

I've got a door just inside my entrance hall that I plan to use as a large noticeboard for parents (by blu-tacking). It's actually the downstairs toilet door but I assume everyone will shut the door when 'doing their business' so I don't see that should be a hygiene issue! :rolleyes:

I'd like to use the bottom part of the 'noticeboard' for the children to clock in and out :laughing: I was thing of doing it in a similar way to my dd's nursery by having cards - the little ones will have their photo and name underneath, as they get older I'll do another one with a picture they've drawn and their name underneath and in their final year before school replace it with a card just showing their name.

My question is how can I do it so they can put the cards on and off but not cause permament damage to my door? I don't want to be screwing anything onto the door in case I have a change of career!

At the nursery they have velcro on the back of the cards which then sticks to the smooth part of the velcro. Another idea I had is to hole punch the cards and tie some ribbon through them but then I would need plastic stick on hooks on the door - would this be a hazard as they would be child height?

Any ideas/suggestions gratefully received while I'm still motivated and planning to do all this at the weekend!

teacake2
11-09-2012, 11:08 PM
My little ones put their photo onto a laminated page which I also put the date on, the day, the weather, this is just stuck on the wall with blue tack, (the photos are also stuck with blue tack).
Teacake2

karensmart4
12-09-2012, 07:34 AM
We have a magnetic board (quite expensive though and needs fixing to the wall).

I bought some 'design a magnet' packs from Baker Ross.

I took the younger children's photo's and put them on the card that comes with the pack, I then wrote their name alongside the photo and put the clear cover over it to protect it all.

The children that I know can recognise their name, I just wrote the name on to theirs.... (shows progression).

The children love to find their name when they come in and a couple also say, 'I go home now so I on that side' :thumbsup:

Katiekoo
12-09-2012, 07:54 AM
At school they use Velcro stuck on tabs.

Jods
12-09-2012, 08:03 AM
second the velcro sticky tabs, think you can buy 200 for around £2 in Wilkos (in the painting dept)

I made ours at pre-school we did an apple tree, with apples.

Or just to completley throw you off on another tangent, how about a bost box with a postcard x

hectors house
12-09-2012, 08:28 AM
I have a free standing notice board cork/white board - on floor in lounge - I have A4 laminated sheet "Who has come to play today?" and a set of registration cards with child's name and a picture of something that starts with their initial eg: Amelia - Apple, intended as they get older to replace with just their name but the younger children still associate the names with the pictures, so not sure.

Then I have another laminated sheet "What shall we play with today?" and a set of cards which are photos of the toy boxes.

Children self register and then when all children are here we have a discussion of which toys they would like to play with and do the day, date and weather sheet which are on another laminated sheet. I have a few toys out for when they first arrive.

All of the cards get fixed onto the laminated sheets with blue tac.

loocyloo
12-09-2012, 01:18 PM
i used to have a laminated sheet of card with velcro dots on, blutacked to the inside door near my front door, and then photos/names with velcro in a little box and they put them on the sheet.

having moved i don't have a suitable place to put the blutacked velcro sheet!

i have tried pegging photos to a 'washing line' hung across the edge of the table in the hall that the attendence register is on.

then i bought one of those photo display tree things http://www.amazon.co.uk/Multiple-Heart-Card-Photo-Holder/dp/B006QSD0D4/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1347455489&sr=8-8 i love it but it isn't strong enough to stand up to heavy handed LOs:( (i've bought a new one but just use it for notes to parents etc)

i am now using a little display board http://www.primaryteaching.co.uk/detail.php?productid=ST03888&proddesc=Purple+Group+Focus+Board&supercategory=BRN00131&branch=&wcategory=CAT00022&catdesc=Group+Focus+Boards&treecode=TRE00004&super=0020BRN00131~0340CAT00022 with a couple of strips of velcro across the front and all the photos in a little box ( although i might use velcro and put them on the back! ) so far so good! i have several of these boards and use them for all sorts of things, but this one had been left in the sun and then a LO was putting all sorts of things in the plastic pocket and it was stretched, so i cut it off and just have a plain plastic front.

i used to have a LO who liked to eat blutack, so have always used velcro!

sarak31
12-09-2012, 05:14 PM
I do the same as teacake2 and have a laminated sheet with who's here today? And they have a picture with a photo of them and their name on it which they move with blue tack.

littlecheeks
12-09-2012, 07:15 PM
i use a felt board and all names, weather etc are printed laminated cut out and i stick small velcro dots on them

Pipsqueak
12-09-2012, 07:27 PM
mine all just shout loudly as they arrive -

'I'm here' and i take that as self registration.

then they all say

'goodbye' when they leave

loocyloo
12-09-2012, 08:16 PM

then they all say

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

i like that!

Bear23
12-09-2012, 09:04 PM

then they all say

:laughing:

same here

mum24
12-09-2012, 09:11 PM
Pipsqueak - that is so funny and so true... I did have a board with photos with blu tack, but they all love themselves so much they used to put the photos on and off all day, I just couldn't stand it any more, so I let them keep their photos and they just shout as they come in...:D

jadavi
12-09-2012, 09:53 PM
I have one if those huge hanging plastic things that take 20 odd photos . It hangs on the back of the door and I update regularly and the mindees love to look at them

Cazz
12-09-2012, 10:14 PM

then they all say

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Cazz
12-09-2012, 10:16 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going to see if I can find some of the velcro things and use a piece of card blu-tacked to the door to fix them on to.