PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use video monitors?

MrsP2C
11-09-2012, 09:36 PM
There's an offer on groupon for a 2 camera monitor and I'm quite tempted as I like the idea of being able to make a cuppa or prepare lunch/tea ready whilst still being able to see what's going on in my living room or for sleeping babies. Does anyone else use them? Do you think parents &/or ofsted would approve or assume I would be leaving children out of sight unnecessarily? Any thoughts (other than obviously not just leaving them to it for long periods)?
MrsP2C

hectors house
12-09-2012, 07:08 AM
I missed that offer, may have a look myself. Think it would be good idea for sleeping babies as you can only hear if they are crying, when I went to check on a baby after 30 mins last month, I found he had been horribly sick, brought up the whole of his lunch and was just lying in it - he hadn't cried and with the noise of other children playing downstairs, I hadn't heard him being sick, on the monitor.

Also I heard from one of the parents yesterday that a friend of theirs who is just registering was told by Ofsted that she should consider putting the travel cot in the hall rather than upstairs so she could see baby sleeping - not very practical next to the noisy playroom and with kids going back and forth to use loo! I sometimes have 3 children sleeping upstairs all in separate rooms.

karensmart4
12-09-2012, 07:15 AM
I have 2 audio/visual monitors... one camera is overlooking the 'quiet' room where the lil ones sleep and that's connected to a 22in tv in the playroom... it's brilliant and parents/Ofsted were impressed. I think it's much better than the basic audio monitor that I used to use.

The other one has the sound switched off as it's looking down on my front door and connected to a 19in screen in the kitchen so I can see who is at the door.... this is bril too :thumbsup: