PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed asap

melco
11-09-2012, 04:49 PM
Hi,

I have a 9yr old boy in my care and he has burnt the top if his mouth eating jacket potato. Should I be filling in accident report or just informing the parents.

I feel so bad its only his second week with me

Thanks

melco

sharonmanc
11-09-2012, 04:51 PM
I woudl do both just to cover myself

EmmaReed84
11-09-2012, 04:53 PM
No advice I am afraid, Poor thing though, I did that and ended up with an ucler type thing... Very sore.

Ice cream for afters??? :thumbsup::D

sarah707
11-09-2012, 04:55 PM
I think both - an accident report is the most important.

Hugs x

melco
11-09-2012, 04:58 PM
He seems fine but obviously want to follow correct procedure

melco
11-09-2012, 09:19 PM
I filled in accident report and the parent was a bit miffed as he said he has never had to sign one before. The child has been with a childminder before since he was 5 months surely an accident form would have been filled in.

I felt silly getting him to sign because he was so matter of fact about it but glad I did it.

Thanks for your advice

melco

EmmaReed84
12-09-2012, 04:57 AM
Well I would have pointed out that it is clearly stated in the policies what you do in the event of an accident/injury and you simply following what you are LEGALLY required to do!

How can someone be miffed at having to sign a piece of paper? Surely there are better things to be miffed about! "Oh my god, I am so mad, I mean the sheer cheek of it. I an reeling from the shock! I had to sign something today!" :rolleyes:

jaswinder bedi
12-09-2012, 11:15 PM
Its not your fault in ident happens, As mentioned above record keeping and also give a copy to the parent and also speak to them. Will help reassuring. All well.

bunyip
13-09-2012, 08:44 AM
Well I would have pointed out that it is clearly stated in the policies what you do in the event of an accident/injury and you simply following what you are LEGALLY required to do!

How can someone be miffed at having to sign a piece of paper? Surely there are better things to be miffed about! "Oh my god, I am so mad, I mean the sheer cheek of it. I an reeling from the shock! I had to sign something today!" :rolleyes:

So true. I'm still shocked at how many times I've found a parent is more annoyed about having to sign for an accident rather than being concerned that their little darling was hurt.

:rolleyes:

EmmaReed84
13-09-2012, 08:57 AM
So true. I'm still shocked at how many times I've found a parent is more annoyed about having to sign for an accident rather than being concerned that their little darling was hurt.

:rolleyes:

My parent laughs at the fact she has to sign, but she fully understands and would never be miffed at doing something she knows I have to do.

And like you say, she is more concerned about her child giving them cuddles and kisses and asking if they are OK... not moaning about signing something that take less then 2 seconds lol