PDA

View Full Version : Is it too early

Tink
11-09-2012, 02:40 PM
To do an autumn display?

We have had an Olympic display up and mindee has brought me a leaf which he found on the way to my house

What do you think?

Mouse
11-09-2012, 03:00 PM
I tend to leave autumn displays until Oct/Nov. They're normally the lead up to Christmas.

Our Olypmic/Paralympic display is coming down this weekend and we're going to do numbers as all the children are showing an interest at the moment.

You could use the leaf in something similar. Last year we collected leaves, I laminated them and stuck a number (1-20) on each one. They were either in a basket for the children to play with, or bluetacked to the low board so the children could move them round.

PixiePetal
11-09-2012, 03:52 PM
I changed mine today - a shame when summer seems to have been so short but have to move on :rolleyes:

lots of things to make and do and add as we go along :thumbsup:

Chimps Childminding
11-09-2012, 04:12 PM
I would normally be starting my autumn display about now, I just add to it as the weeks/months go by Harvest, Halloween, Fireworks etc, before the leaves start coming down ready for the Christmas stuff to go up!!!

funemnx
11-09-2012, 05:34 PM
We made a tree earlier this year - it's got green hands/leaves with the children's names on at the moment but we will change it to brown leaves with numbers next month and then no leaves but snowflakes for Christmas :)

Ballette
11-09-2012, 06:25 PM
We made a tree earlier this year - it's got green hands/leaves with the children's names on at the moment but we will change it to brown leaves with numbers next month and then no leaves but snowflakes for Christmas :)

This sounds really nice :)

miffy
11-09-2012, 06:57 PM
I tend to leave autumn displays until Oct/Nov. They're normally the lead up to Christmas.

That's what I do too. I like to collect Leaves for the children to play with and look at the different colours but it's a bit too early yet.

Miffy xx