PDA

View Full Version : Observations

childminder54
11-09-2012, 12:13 PM
I think I'm writing too much in the observations for a 2 year old. Would you tell me how you would do one on a 2 year old sitting at table painting and next steps what you are writing to see if I'm doing too much cannot send attachment not very good on computer and I don't know how to do it thanks

EmmaReed84
11-09-2012, 12:24 PM
I do obs on certain things. Not on all activities. I also make notes of little things. Like for instance doing puzzles with 24 month old mindee, she took the pieces out the board and counted each piece separately up to 5. I made a note on a post it and stuck it in her file. She has never done that before so I will look in to planning something around counting, then do a proper ob if that makes sense.

Each person if different some may write as little as possible and other will probably go way over what they need, neither is right nor wrong as long as the child is getting what they should out of it.

sarah707
11-09-2012, 05:08 PM
John has been painting today. He used his whole hand to make big hand prints then covered them in black paint and said it was night time.

Next steps - John likes glitter so we might try adding that to the paint next time for a sensory experience.

Links - art and design / C & L / physical - handling

Hth :D

blue bear
11-09-2012, 05:21 PM
John helped himself to the paint, squeezed put by himself and painted on the paper.

Psed-self confidence

John selects and uses resources independently

Next steps

Make sure resource are at his level so he can choose, be ready to offer support but only when asked.

childminder54
11-09-2012, 08:20 PM
Thanks for that I'm doing too much will cut it down