PDA

View Full Version : are OFSTED interested...

moogster1a
11-09-2012, 11:54 AM
in our lj's, planning etc. from the old EYFS or do you think they will only want to see the new stuff now ( looking sideways at the files which are 3 months behind and wondering if I can just leave it and start again from now!!!)

Mouse
11-09-2012, 11:59 AM
in our lj's, planning etc. from the old EYFS or do you think they will only want to see the new stuff now ( looking sideways at the files which are 3 months behind and wondering if I can just leave it and start again from now!!!)

Can you do a summary of where the children are at now? And how long is it likely to be until your next inspection? WIll you have time to build up a good show of development?

It's not compulsory to do a LJ, you just have to show development. Even if there is a gap of 3 months between the old EYFS folders & the new ones you are still showing development.

Personally I wouldn't stress about catching up & would just start from fresh :thumbsup:

hectors house
11-09-2012, 12:04 PM
I am starting a fresh from 1st September - I have many gaps in childrens LJ due to shoulder operation and sometimes from being totally snowed under in paperwork. I have 6 children part time and try to do an observation on them every week, whereas I know some Nurseries only do an observation every month.

Jods
11-09-2012, 12:10 PM
I am starting a fresh from 1st September - I have many gaps in childrens LJ due to shoulder operation and sometimes from being totally snowed under in paperwork. I have 6 children part time and try to do an observation on them every week, whereas I know some Nurseries only do an observation every month.

the guidlines are twice every half term for settings (best practice), so thats 1 every 3 weeks, which is what I have been doing since leaving the setting and becoming a childminder - and Ofsted and my EYCO are perfectly happy with that x

moogster1a
11-09-2012, 12:11 PM
excellent replies. just what I wanted to hear!! Might do a summative assessment for them both from now then start from there. ( after I've watched Dallas whilst they sleep!)

Pipsqueak
11-09-2012, 12:14 PM
I've more or less just 'run mine on'...

Jods
11-09-2012, 12:16 PM
oops yup, back to the point lol!! I have completed a summative sheet and started the new LJ's at that level x

PixiePetal
11-09-2012, 12:18 PM
mine are up to date :littleangel: :laughing:

I am adding the new development sheets for the ages of children and carrying on in same format with 7 areas instead of 6. 2 are new starters so also ticked off tracker style for starting points then moving on from there