PDA

View Full Version : interesting slant on variation!

loocyloo
11-09-2012, 08:49 AM
just talking to one of my mums, who had read all the info about my awarding myself variations and read it that if i already cared for siblings, then that gave me an extra space already! :D

rickysmiths
11-09-2012, 08:51 AM
My I haven't confused my parents about Variations. They didn't understand when Ofsted did it so now :rolleyes:

I will inform on a need to know basis, no need to worry them before that.

karen m
11-09-2012, 10:52 AM
Gosh i have not informed parents as until i decide i need a variation i don't see the point in passing on this information,what if i never use the variation, my parents get confused at the best of times , so no information will be given as and when i need to

loocyloo
11-09-2012, 12:43 PM
i usually have a variation in force ( my parents seem hopeless in organising themselves! ) so i decided that by telling them about the change, i would also be telling them that it wasn't so much of a drama if they needed an extra day sometimes/permanently and i could decide for myself if it was do-able, rather than phone/email ofsted and wait for a response!

this also means that when i decide to apply a variation i will just be telling the other affected parents that i will be doing so, rather than having discussions about how/why etc.

PixiePetal
11-09-2012, 12:48 PM
I will be telling my parents how it works as I have 2 sets of siblings on different days. If one set needs to swap a day, I now could :thumbsup: instead of saying I can only take one child - I am sure they will all be ok with it but still need to have the ok in writing at the time:)

nessynoodle
11-09-2012, 01:06 PM
Sorry for jumping in on this post but could you explain how variations work now? I have emailed my support worker but had no reply. I haven't managed to get to the new EYFS training :( but understand Ofsted now don't make the decision. I have 2 babies interested for jan (10 months by then) but already have another 10 month old...was hoping I could take on one of them just for the couple of months before they turn 1, and it will then be within my ratios anyway. I have no other children at these times. Do I just make the decision myself?!

Thanks

nessynoodle
11-09-2012, 01:24 PM
Just read another post and now understand!!

sarah707
11-09-2012, 05:01 PM
Sorry for jumping in on this post but could you explain how variations work now? I have emailed my support worker but had no reply. I haven't managed to get to the new EYFS training :( but understand Ofsted now don't make the decision. I have 2 babies interested for jan (10 months by then) but already have another 10 month old...was hoping I could take on one of them just for the couple of months before they turn 1, and it will then be within my ratios anyway. I have no other children at these times. Do I just make the decision myself?!

Thanks

More info here :D

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/freeresources/Free%20downloads/variations2012.html