PDA

View Full Version : Not a good start to my day!!

smurfette
11-09-2012, 08:13 AM
Hubby just opened the door at 745 to a little one who is my first arrival who isn't due until 8, when my kids are on the way out of the door!! He was twenty mins late being picked up yest too.. I said to dad I thought he was lost, he just said yeah got stuck with trains ... No sorry!! These parents are actually the best ones I have they are very easy going, great at paying and lovely people.. It's just when they are off or on hols they take advantage .. Yest both parents were off after ten days away .. So why were they 20 mins late collecting!??

My friend is coming on board to co mind at my house, and I want to take the chance to review contracts and policies ... Is it unreasonable to say we are only open 8-6 unless by prior arrangement?

Ballette
11-09-2012, 08:17 AM
Hubby just opened the door at 745 to a little one who is my first arrival who isn't due until 8, when my kids are on the way out of the door!! He was twenty mins late being picked up yest too.. I said to dad I thought he was lost, he just said yeah got stuck with trains ... No sorry!! These parents are actually the best ones I have they are very easy going, great at paying and lovely people.. It's just when they are off or on hols they take advantage .. Yest both parents were off after ten days away .. So why were they 20 mins late collecting!??

My friend is coming on board to co mind at my house, and I want to take the chance to review contracts and policies ... Is it unreasonable to say we are only open 8-6 unless by prior arrangement?

No, it's perfectly reasonable to state your opening hours and you should charge a late collection fee to stop parents taking advantage :(

lisa1968
11-09-2012, 10:53 AM
Tell them that your public liability ins only covers them for the hours they are contracted-works every time-it stops you feeling so awkward if you can 'blame' it on something else!:)

Jo Jo
11-09-2012, 12:44 PM
I see were your coming from you must tell them you open at 8 and not before if they come early collect late then charge them! why dont you introduce an early start and late pickup fee this will hopefully deter them from doing it
i had a parent who did exactly the same they stopped as soon as i introduced the extra charges hth :)