PDA

View Full Version : So, what's changed?

moogster1a
11-09-2012, 07:14 AM
So, new EYFS ( new, less paperwork, more child focussed etc....)
Apart from changing the headings for my assessments/ observations and adding to paperwork with assessment at 2 years and mobile 'phone policy, can anyone explain what's actually different? I feel I'm missing something as it's the same old expectations that there should be assessments, planning etc, but just with different named areas.
oh yes, and now e do our own variations, yet more paperwork for us.

blue bear
11-09-2012, 07:16 AM
Have a look in Sarah Neville's area on the forum, fab check list to get you going

loocyloo
11-09-2012, 07:30 AM
yes, some of the wording has changed, we now have to do 2 yr progress checks and administer our own variations, but my day to day childminding life hasn't changed! :D

JCrakers
11-09-2012, 10:30 AM
It's not cut down my paperwork at all so I dont see where the 'less work' comes from :rolleyes:

I suppose the three main areas for under 3's instead of the 6 areas makes it easier.

rickysmiths
11-09-2012, 11:26 AM
Yes no more LJs for before and after shoolies.

merry
11-09-2012, 11:27 AM
As far as I can see very little has changed for us, I think the main scaling down of paperwork is for reception teachers when they do their end of eyfs assessments, my dd is a reception teacher and thinks this will be a lot easier for her.

:)

leeloo1
11-09-2012, 03:57 PM
The thing is, although there are now 'only 3 prime areas' for little ones, the other 4 areas also have guidelines for what children should be doing - so its not like we can ignore the other 4 areas in our planning, observations and assessment is it?

moogster1a
12-09-2012, 07:10 AM
So, in the brave new world of less paperwork, we now have effectively 7 areas of learning to write up instead of 6!

Ripeberry
12-09-2012, 07:13 AM
So, in the brave new world of less paperwork, we now have effectively 7 areas of learning to write up instead of 6!

The brilliance of this is breathtaking isn't it? :rolleyes:

karensmart4
12-09-2012, 07:22 AM
Not much has changed here except I had worked like billio to get all the new paperwork in place... oh and I now have a stack of old paperwork for the children to draw on the back of :rolleyes:

I must admit though it has helped me to re-focus on everything and get back into the zone for doing all the obs etc. etc.

Oh and as I work with a co-minder and assistant I have delegated via the 'Key worker system' :thumbsup: