PDA

View Full Version : Care to learn forms..

lucyD
10-09-2012, 07:46 PM
I just have secured a new mindee & I am filling out their care to learn forms. They told me to claim for what I like, I have said I am happy to provide nappies, food etc & then put my daily fee up a little but there is a registration fee you can claim for..maximum of £80, they said to just claim for this but I'm not so sure..*even though there is a cost to contracts, paperwork etc. If you would, what would you charge?

I also normally charge 1/2 retainer for hols but am tempted to put full fee as she is only 6 months & taking up an important under 1 space..is this justifiable?

Your thoughts would be really appreciated..

karensmart4
10-09-2012, 08:36 PM
This doesn't sound very professional to me.

Decide what you would normally charge if parent was paying you directly and yes I would charge 100% for absence, put this information into the contract that parent signs with you.

I have had students that have used Care to Learn and I had to keep chasing for the money I hope you get on okay with them :)

lucyD
10-09-2012, 08:53 PM
This doesn't sound very professional to me.

Decide what you would normally charge if parent was paying you directly and yes I would charge 100% for absence, put this information into the contract that parent signs with you.

I have had students that have used Care to Learn and I had to keep chasing for the money I hope you get on okay with them :)

I hope you don't mean I am being unprofessional? I have no idea about these forms that is why I am asking & I do not want to con money, however, i need to cover myself for late pick ups etc & keeping the space in hols. I may charge a small admin fee as I have often thought about doing this but I know parents would not want to pay it. We do have a lot of costs & if care to learn are willing to pay then surely asking for a few pounds to cover contacts, paperwork, printing etc then this is ok...

karensmart4
10-09-2012, 09:06 PM
Oh no I wasn't saying you were unprofessional I meant someone saying 'just claim for what you like' sounds to my way of thinking ..... I'm not bothered do what you like, and not treating you or collage professionally. I may of put my size 7's in it here and I'm very sorry if I've offended, I honestly didn't mean to.

Is she likely to be late very often, would it just be better to extend the contract?

Would you charge others admin?

Yes charge a retainer to hold the place ready for the next term, but you need to make this clear to Care to Learn.

I hope you get on alright :)

desiderata
10-09-2012, 09:25 PM
I have care to learn children and have never had paperwork that says I can claim a registration fee. I just fill in the hours I have the child and have my normal rate for that. Not ever actually had a problem with care to learn just had people stop going to college so then I had to let them know and the payment stopped. When the people go to college properly I have never had a problem with care to learn.

oxfordshirecm
11-09-2012, 06:56 AM
Hi sorry for jumping in on this thread... But I ave just started looking after a mindee whose mum is going to pay by care to learn vouchers too. Do you aveto fill in a sheet every month as to what the child attended? Or does the college go by the hours the parent attended college? I was just wondering as I have the mindee an hour and a half before her college start time and same after as the parent has to catch a bus to the college?

lucyD
11-09-2012, 07:13 AM
Oh no I wasn't saying you were unprofessional I meant someone saying 'just claim for what you like' sounds to my way of thinking ..... I'm not bothered do what you like, and not treating you or collage professionally. I may of put my size 7's in it here and I'm very sorry if I've offended, I honestly didn't mean to.

Is she likely to be late very often, would it just be better to extend the contract?

Would you charge others admin?

Yes charge a retainer to hold the place ready for the next term, but you need to make this clear to Care to Learn.

I hope you get on alright :)

No don't worry you haven't offended, I see what you mean. If I thought parents wouls agree to pay it yes I would charge a small admin fee to cover costs. Think the forms have changed as others say they never had to fill in these bits. I think I will just be fair and see what happens, I offer different parents different options to cater for them so this contract is no different. Thank you for your thoughts

rickysmiths
11-09-2012, 07:45 AM
I just have secured a new mindee & I am filling out their care to learn forms. They told me to claim for what I like, I have said I am happy to provide nappies, food etc & then put my daily fee up a little but there is a registration fee you can claim for..maximum of £80, they said to just claim for this but I'm not so sure..*even though there is a cost to contracts, paperwork etc. If you would, what would you charge?

I also normally charge 1/2 retainer for hols but am tempted to put full fee as she is only 6 months & taking up an important under 1 space..is this justifiable?

Your thoughts would be really appreciated..

You should only charge your NORMAL FEES to do anything else would be Fraud and there could be serious consequences if Care to Learn found out. Don't be greedy, just charge your normal fee. If you don't want to take the child on because you can't afford to only be paid a half fee retainer then be honest and don't take her on. In my experience CTL will only pay full fee in the holidays if the parent is doing Work Experience and it has all been signed off by the college as well.

Be VERY VERY careful about being dishonest on the claims it could come back to bite you, they do check up.

rickysmiths
11-09-2012, 08:56 AM
Hi sorry for jumping in on this thread... But I ave just started looking after a mindee whose mum is going to pay by care to learn vouchers too. Do you aveto fill in a sheet every month as to what the child attended? Or does the college go by the hours the parent attended college? I was just wondering as I have the mindee an hour and a half before her college start time and same after as the parent has to catch a bus to the college?

You and the college have to tick an attendance form every month, they will send it to you. If you don't return it or the college don't you won't get paid.

I have never apart from 2 years ago when there was a major muck up, had any problems at all. Always paid on time in advance.

Care to Learn are not a Voucher. It is a Government Scheme to pay the young learners Childcare fees while they are at college or on Work Placement. As the money comes from the government it is limited to a max payment per week, even if your fees are more than this. A year ago the max they would pay in a week was £160. It may have gone up this year I don't know my CTL mum has left.

It is your choice whether you take on someone using this scheme if the payment is going to be less than your normal fees.

lucyD
11-09-2012, 09:45 AM
You should only charge your NORMAL FEES to do anything else would be Fraud and there could be serious consequences if Care to Learn found out. Don't be greedy, just charge your normal fee. If you don't want to take the child on because you can't afford to only be paid a half fee retainer then be honest and don't take her on. In my experience CTL will only pay full fee in the holidays if the parent is doing Work Experience and it has all been signed off by the college as well.

Be VERY VERY careful about being dishonest on the claims it could come back to bite you, they do check up.

I don't plan to be anything other than honest, however I always cater each contract to each child/parent. I quite often reduce price/retainers for parents if they can't afford it. So, if care to learn are happy to pay what I would usually charge I think is what I will do. I am not going to just put down the max & be a fraud thats not what I am saying but I appreciate your thoughts. As long as I can justify my charge then I think I will ask for 1/2 retainer and a SLIGHTLY higher hourly rate to cover the extras the parents want ie food nappies, which I dont normally provide.