PDA

View Full Version : Term Time Fees Adjustment

webbthomas
10-09-2012, 01:18 PM
Hi
Some advice please ... :)
I have two term-time contracts and have calculated the childcare requirements for the next 12 months and divide the total by 12 to work out an average monthly payment. This helps the parents budget and also give me regular payment to save missing out during hols, etc.

My predicament is if/when I am sick and unable to provide childcare. Do I simply repay them the daily rate that I have been unable to provide or do I readjust the remaining months figure?? :idea: :confused:

Would be interested to see what others do if using the same system.

Thanks very much.

Daftbat
10-09-2012, 01:40 PM
This is why I don't work like this. I chg for work actually done. I have done a calculation so that the parent can budget monthly given that it will be more in the holidays but never the way you do it.

I would have thought you need to do an adjustment for the 12 months really.

cathtee
10-09-2012, 05:38 PM
Hi I have 2 mindees that i calculate the whole year for and devide by 12, so i have the same amount each. I do this in January and know which weeks I will be taking off, but if I have to have unexpected time off I refund them in cash the month it falls. If I work extra hours for them again they pay me in the month that falls, it has worked for the last 2-3 years.

Its all about individual choice and what works for you.

nipper
10-09-2012, 05:47 PM
Hello, I'm operating the same sytem for two (unrelated) mindees whose parents are teachers. If this happened (they only started last week so need yet) I would either refund the cash or most likely transfer the money back into their account.

Chatterbox Childcare
10-09-2012, 05:55 PM
I do 12 monthly instalments and each month send an invoice by email. If I had to credit I would put the amount on the following months invoice and they would pay me less.