PDA

View Full Version : weekly planning?

mushpea
10-09-2012, 08:07 AM
ok so I know I've probably asked this before but how many of you do weekly planning as in putting it down on paper and keeping it for ofsted.
I have always done this but now have huge folders full of planning that ofsted will never get to see probably by my next inspection plus i find that my plans constantly change to suit childrens needs/moods/interests, the weather, parents changing hours etc so I am always crossing stuff out.
my idea now is not to do a weekly plan on paper , just have a rough idea of things to do in my head but go with what ever the children want (which is what happend anyway) and just put the groups down on paper that we attend. If I go ahead with this do I then need a weekly chart to write down what we did on each day or is the learning journeys then enough to prove we have done stuff each week, obvously their individual planning is the next steps on their big obs I do so individual plans arent a problem.

kel1983
10-09-2012, 09:18 AM
We have a monthly plan based around a topic. We seperate ideas down into the different learning areas.

Then we have a weekly planning sheet which we write down roughly what we are going to do each day. This however changes and when it does we just cross through what we were going to do and write what we actually did. Are weekly planning tends to be child lead.

Not sure if this is the correct way but thats what works for us. Things change so regularly, such as weather, the amount of children we have a day, childrens moods it is almost impossible to stick to a set plan.

PixiePetal
10-09-2012, 09:30 AM
I have changed with EYFS 2012 and having more EYFS mindees, so less time :rolleyes:

I am having a 'focus book' each week/month depending on how much we run with it!

I will be writing a list of ideas/websites/follow on ideas incorporating areas of development in a file to draw upon when needed for each book I use. Each child has their next steps in their files so will aim at these while focussing on the book.

Last week we did 'Elmer' - I wrote my ideas, looked up websites for more ideas etc, got out my plastic elephants from the animal box.... also read about real elephants, talked about differences in people, matched colours, counted elephants etc. depending on childs interest and next steps

More elephants this week as different mindees, then on to Fergus the farmyard dog - unless mindees have other ideas!

I have soooo many books :blush: I am hoping this will work throughout the year and books can be revisited any time :)

BucksCM
10-09-2012, 09:40 AM
I write anything down in my A4 diary.
At the moment I have a 13mo and a 24mo so "planning" is very loose! When i had two at nursery, I was given their half term topic sheets (as were all parents!) and i used to follow them and complement the work they did in nursery , at home.
Never had sepearte sheets, too much paperwork!