PDA

View Full Version : EYFS

Fraggle1
09-09-2012, 09:46 PM
Hello ladies!

You know a thought just came to me, do any of you have 'EYFS' hours? By that I mean in school the EYFS is obviously covered from 0900-1530. Now, if you have a child who stays with you until late into the evening would you keep the EYFS' in focus until your finish time or would you say...right...0900-1600 I'm going to focus on EYFS but 1600-1800 I'm just going to let you chill out and relax play etc...without stressing? I know that during those hours a great observation might come into play and obviously we could write it down and all day there is always something that could be linked to the EYFS but do you know what I mean? :laughing:

karensmart4
09-09-2012, 10:00 PM
After 4pm I concentrate on getting meals for those that need it and we wind down shhhhhhhh don't tell anyone but we have been known to put the tv on :cool:
I sort of forget about the EYFS by this time :blush:

cathtee
09-09-2012, 10:00 PM
Hi, I haven't really done it conciously, but I don't do any activities before 9 or after 3 as during the hours before and after these hours much of the time is taken up by breakfast and school drop off and after is collecting and then getting the tea while the lo's play with the older ones and staggered pick-up times, my eyfs age children have gone by 4.30 so after much waffling yes I suppose I do do eyfs hours of 9-3 and document anything after those hours if relevent.

Oh I do go on:laughing:

debh
10-09-2012, 06:21 AM
We tend to do planned adult led activities during school hours as the little ones tend to want to play with older ones when here.

JCrakers
10-09-2012, 08:39 AM
I suppose I leave the EYFS at home when I leave at 3pm for school pick up. I don't have time for anything other than making sure the kids are picked up, safe at the park and the walk home and then fed and watered. Then the older ones play or watch TV, Wii from 430pm-5.15pm.

So my hours are 9am, when I get in from school until 3pm :D