PDA

View Full Version : For those with kitchen/diners

KarenM
07-09-2012, 08:01 PM
When Ofsted visited and gave you your numbers, do they take into consideration the usable space in the dining room area if it is part of the kitchen. I.E I have a large kitchen with a table in that I use for crafts as well as mealtimes. Is this a problem when determining usable space?

Monkey26
07-09-2012, 08:16 PM
When I registered my assistant yes Ofsted did include my kitchen square footage as I use the kitchen for craft and sensory activities, we also access the back garden through the kitchen so it is often used for quiet play if a certain child doesn't want to be outside but I want them nice 'n close :thumbsup: xx

KarenM
07-09-2012, 08:28 PM
Thought so but wanted to check before I update all my paperwork etc for my assistant lol. It's not as if they are ever in there unsupervised. You have to go through mine to get to the garden and bathroom too :)

MrsP2C
07-09-2012, 09:26 PM
I have a kitchen / diner dominated by a large table that is used for crafts, eating, homework etc and no playroom (although quite large rooms) and I have just been registered to have 6 under 8 inc my own and 10 when working with my assistant (DH).

The Juggler
07-09-2012, 10:00 PM
my kitchen table is in my kitchen and doubles up as craft/eating space too. Never affected my space/ratios requirement.

miffy
08-09-2012, 06:18 AM
my kitchen table is in my kitchen and doubles up as craft/eating space too. Never affected my space/ratios requirement.

Same here

Miffy xx