PDA

View Full Version : Stairgates what type to get?

smurfette
07-09-2012, 07:21 PM
Hi, I have an open plan living room and dining room so there is a door on each end into the kitchen at one end and the hallway on the other. I want to put Stairgates on the doors so that the schoolies aren't disturbed by the smallies for homework and they can get out things with small bits. The little ones would have the playroom.

Ideally would like gates that we can take down at the weekend, so that would mean Pressure ones but I am wondering how strong the metal ones are? I use a pressure one on the stairs but it's fabric and if someone lent on it it would collapse! Also the pressure ones, once open are they hard to close, would the schoolies manage it? My own kids can't put the fabric one back up! Advice appreciated thanks!

stargazer1
07-09-2012, 07:25 PM
Hi, I have pressure fit metal ones throughout my house and have had them all there for five years since my little girl was small. They are used daily and we have never had a problem with them, they are great. We just ensure we tighten them up every now and again but to be honest very rarely do they need tightening. All of my schoolies can open the gates, they have an opening in the middle and are very easy to use but also safe from the littlies x

notts
07-09-2012, 08:37 PM
I've had M&P's and Lindam stairgates (presure ones) on all doors for the last 4 years, no wear, no tear. But what I couldn't live without is my play pen come room divider, bought from Mothercare. I've never used it as a playpen but I always use it to close off the conservatory doors in hot weather, safe for toddlers as there's a step, means we can have the doors open but I also use it to close of the kitchen when cooking etc. you can attach it to something permanent by a bracket but tbh it's sturdy enought on its own, wedged between furniture.

Monkey26
07-09-2012, 09:07 PM
Lindam kiddy guard fan here, its a roller blind type stair gate :thumbsup: xx

Cammie Doodle
08-09-2012, 08:31 AM
I've had M&P's and Lindam stairgates (presure ones) on all doors for the last 4 years, no wear, no tear. But what I couldn't live without is my play pen come room divider, bought from Mothercare. I've never used it as a playpen but I always use it to close off the conservatory doors in hot weather, safe for toddlers as there's a step, means we can have the doors open but I also use it to close of the kitchen when cooking etc. you can attach it to something permanent by a bracket but tbh it's sturdy enought on its own, wedged between furniture.

I have two of theses playpen / gates and they are brill, my co minder uses her's as a divider between kitchen and dining area