PDA

View Full Version : Help!

emmadines
16-06-2008, 02:53 PM
:panic: :panic: Ok I know most of us are all going through the same at the moment! but things are getting too tight to mention at the moment....... Im all ready to start but Im not getting even one phone call with regards to placing thier child/ren with me, all Im getting it other companyoes cold calling:angry:

Do anyone know of any work I can do at home for the meantime......... Ive done avon and ended owing money, I dont want to do any party type of thing, ann summers etc a no!, no!!

Im starting to really feel like a failure, I cant even afford to get a part time job.....................:( :(

any surggestions would be great

katickles
16-06-2008, 03:03 PM
Oh Emma i don't know i'm sorry.

I looked into finding a part-time job while I needed mindees but it would have ended up costing me money to go to work after taking into account childcare & fuel etc. Its really hard isn't it.

Have you maybe thought of bar work on the evenings? It wasn't possible for me to because of hubby's unpredictable home times, but maybe this would work for you?

x

angeldelight
16-06-2008, 03:04 PM
You are not a failure Emma

You are just feeling fed up which is natural

Things usually start to pick up around now for the next few mths

There are children starting nursery and children starting school - moms decide to go back to work

Go and hand some leaflets in at your nursery or ask if they can put an advert up on their notice board

Hope you get some calls soon I know you feel fed up now but give it a little while longer and im sure your time will come

Heaps of good luck coming your way

Angel xx

emmadines
16-06-2008, 03:07 PM
Oh Emma i don't know i'm sorry.

I looked into finding a part-time job while I needed mindees but it would have ended up costing me money to go to work after taking into account childcare & fuel etc. Its really hard isn't it.

Have you maybe thought of bar work on the evenings? It wasn't possible for me to because of hubby's unpredictable home times, but maybe this would work for you?

x

i have the same problem!!! my o/h works for network rail, his shifta are on a 4 weekly roster,
early turn - 5am-3pm
late turn - 11am -10pm
middle turn - 5am-8pm

you get the drift!! its soooo frustrating!

katickles
16-06-2008, 03:09 PM
I really don't know then - sorry.

I do think you'll get some calls though - do you keep your CIS advert uptop date to its at the top?
x

emmadines
16-06-2008, 03:11 PM
can that be done online or do i have to phone??

katickles
16-06-2008, 03:16 PM
Just ring them up - then they will put you back at the top of the list. You don't even need to ammend anything just tell them to update you. At least then parents looking at the web-site will see you first for your local area.

Good Luck hun x

deeb66
16-06-2008, 03:23 PM
Just ring them up - then they will put you back at the top of the list. You don't even need to ammend anything just tell them to update you. At least then parents looking at the web-site will see you first for your local area.

Good Luck hun x

Good advice.

Have you thought of popping to some of the local Childminding/toddler groups......I know you haven't got any kids yet but it would be a good idea to get yourself known.

I know in my area a majority of work comes through referrals from other minders who cannot do it and you might get work that way.

I hope the phone starts ringing soon.

emmadines
16-06-2008, 03:58 PM
Good advice.

Have you thought of popping to some of the local Childminding/toddler groups......I know you haven't got any kids yet but it would be a good idea to get yourself known.

I know in my area a majority of work comes through referrals from other minders who cannot do it and you might get work that way.

I hope the phone starts ringing soon.

yeah im supposed to be going to the loose (kent) one tomorrow, just need to find the details............ Im going on my todd (with my lil girl) so am not overly comfy with the idea!

MissTinkerbell
16-06-2008, 04:30 PM
I felt like this a week a go - really dispondent with the bank on my back about my ever increasing overdraft!!!

Hopwever that was a week a go and I've had 2 enquiries which will hopefully fill my full-time space and possibly an after school too.

I hope that your phone starts ringing soon for you and that you fill your spaces.

Good luck and I'll send some of those positive vibes that I'm sure these guys on here sent me last week.

fingers crossed for you.

katickles
16-06-2008, 04:31 PM
It can be daunting when you first go, but they really do work. One of my mindees came from the toddlers group :D

I'm sure you will soon get used to it & you will hopefully meet some others that you will get on well with :)

emmadines
16-06-2008, 05:28 PM
thanks, will let you know how i get on!!

flora
16-06-2008, 05:54 PM
Hope something turns up soon Emma.

Sending big hugs xxx

foxy lady
16-06-2008, 07:32 PM
im willing your phone to ring
hope you get some work soon:thumbsup:

chelle
16-06-2008, 08:01 PM
I know how you feel it has taken me 6mths i did everything you should do and today i did my first contract :jump for joy: for a baby to start in sept you just have to stick at it :) i got that from a referall from another childminder that i know, hope some thing comes to you soon,
Good luck :thumbsup:
p.s do you have a sure start childrens centre near you they should let you advertise there mine does.xx

emmadines
16-06-2008, 08:46 PM
yeah i have! i do a eng course there

its the opposite side of town tho, 15 min drive, 20-30 min in traffic:(

i have put one up tho and in the job centre too.

Angela234
16-06-2008, 09:33 PM
I'm sure things will pick up soon and you'll get some calls.
My DIL does Body shop parties and earns about £50 to £90 a night she had to lay out and buy the kit but she got that back and more after 2 parties

Angela

emmadines
17-06-2008, 11:14 AM
i used to do partylite, (candles) its all good and well earning per party but its another thing getting the parties. :(

jaja
17-06-2008, 12:39 PM
I know how you feel, i havent had anyone come to me in a while so i applied for a job still in childminding, i just got home to a phone call for sep new baby he will be just 4 months!!! how typical is that, fingers crossed something will turn up soon sweety xxxx

Donkey
17-06-2008, 10:04 PM
will keep fingers crossed for you :)