PDA

View Full Version : Angry with Ofsted!

Lucy000
07-09-2012, 05:05 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm a previously registered childminder and have decided to re-register so i applied to ofsted and today ive had my registration visit only to fail and not be granted registration!
This is because they said that my ICP was done too long ago,it was done in 2006, I have my DHC and NVQ3 too.
Why on earth didn't they tell me this so I could book onto another course before the inspector came out?
After discussing it with ofsted this afternoon they have agreed to put my registration on hold until ive completed the course which will be november so that i dont have to pay the 35 pound fee again.
The problem is I have two families waiting for me to register as they want me to mind their children so now im going to have to tell them to find someone else-not happy:panic:

jellybean cc
07-09-2012, 06:09 PM
Hi
Is there any way you could become their nanny for a few weeks and go to the children's house. That way at least you keep the families.

sarah707
08-09-2012, 07:07 AM
I would go the nanny route as well... the course can take months to complete according to registering childminders/

Depending on where you live it can take months just to get on the course as well!!

Good luck with it all xx

Lucy000
08-09-2012, 03:25 PM
well im lucky that the course starts this month so ive booked on to it but i couldnt go to their house to be a nanny because i have my own children and cant get them looked after, the only thing i could maybe do is offer to babysit?

rickysmiths
08-09-2012, 06:50 PM
Take your children with you, its no different to them being with you all when you childmind is it.