PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Reg booklet (New one)

pandaeyes
07-09-2012, 01:43 PM
I am filling in the new pre-reg booklet and the first question,
'for each of the seven areas of learning and development, give an example of a play activity for a very young child and a four year old that would support their learning and development.'
im a bit confused, does it mean to plan an activity for a four year old and another for a very young child or is is plan an activity that will suit both of these ages?
also how many activities should i plan? 1 or more than 1 per each area?
thanks ladies andy help would be great

Fb1988
07-09-2012, 02:03 PM
hi im doing to same question at the moment, id also like to know.

thanks Faye

sarah707
07-09-2012, 02:14 PM
I didn't know there was a new booklet - is it online do you know guys please? :huh:

The question is about finding out if you understand how to plan activities for different ages of children.

A 1 year old... well you will be following their interest in say moving around the house and an activity might be to support them by using lots of encouragement to crawl through the tunnel.

A 4 year old has completely different needs... he might enjoy sensory play and an activity could be to enhance the sand by adding some bubble bath to make sand mousse.

Hope that helps :D

Velleity
07-09-2012, 02:31 PM
I put for mine the same activity but how I would adapt it for each age.

Smiley
07-09-2012, 04:38 PM
Here is the link for the new booklet
http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/childcare-registration-form-early-years-register-preparing-for-your-registration-visit

sarah707
08-09-2012, 07:10 AM
Here is the link for the new booklet
http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/childcare-registration-form-early-years-register-preparing-for-your-registration-visit

You are a star! Thank you Smiley! :clapping:

dillydally
08-09-2012, 03:14 PM
I had my visit on Wednesday and was asked to give a couple of examples for each area for older children and just the three prime areas for a younger child