PDA

View Full Version : Physical Intervention

melco
07-09-2012, 10:42 AM
Hi,

I am a bit behind on getting this sorted. I have an Intervention from but I want to put a bit of information about it in my policies but my mind has gone blank. Can anyone give me any ideas of what to put?

Also would you put this in the policy for allegations of abuse or child protection?

Thanks

melco

JCrakers
07-09-2012, 10:49 AM
Ive got mine in my behaviour policy.

It says I will not use physical punishment in any way, goes on to say how I will handle behaviour and then says:

I will only physically intervene, and possibly restrain a child to prevent an accident, such as a child running into the road, or to prevent an injury or damage.

:D

hectors house
07-09-2012, 10:59 AM
I put it in behaviour and quoted directly from the Stat Framework - and you aren't behind I only did mine yesterday and have spoken to 2 other childminders today, who said they haven't even opened the new EYFS!

sarah707
07-09-2012, 11:15 AM
My notes about physical intervention are in my behaviour policy because that's where they are noted in the EYFS.

I just use the wording from the EYFS 2012 and a brief note that I have read, understood it and will follow the requirements.

Hth :D

clorogue
07-09-2012, 11:26 AM
My notes about physical intervention are in my behaviour policy because that's where they are noted in the EYFS.

I just use the wording from the EYFS 2012 and a brief note that I have read, understood it and will follow the requirements.

Hth :D

So Sarah, do you say in your policy that if this instance occurs a form will be filled in and signed for example.

Thanks Sarah

Bridey
07-09-2012, 11:31 AM
Its a good idea to record any instances of physical intervention in your Incident Book and for the parent to receive a copy and say so in your policy. I don't think you need to put in your policy about signing but I would always ask the parent to sign to say they have received a copy.

sarah707
07-09-2012, 11:37 AM
So Sarah, do you say in your policy that if this instance occurs a form will be filled in and signed for example.

Thanks Sarah

Yes and I have used my accident form as a template to design a new physical intervention form because that has space for first aid and of course physical intervention might lead to first aid administration.

clorogue
07-09-2012, 11:46 AM
Yes and I have used my accident form as a template to design a new physical intervention form because that has space for first aid and of course physical intervention might lead to first aid administration.

thanks a million once again!

melco
07-09-2012, 12:42 PM
Thanks for your help.

Thinking about it I am sure I have something like that it my behaviour policy. I have just got confused as I have been changing my child protection to have about cameras and phones and thought it was to do with all that. Doh!

Also glad to here that not everyone is prepared. My kids are out for the day on Sunday so am planning to have that day where I finish anything that I haven't done