PDA

View Full Version : Childcare vouchers before registration, help needed please

mamamoomin
05-09-2012, 08:20 PM
I am due to be registered hopefully in the next few weeks...long story short but my Doctors are being a complete pain and still haven't done my health dec :mad:

Anyway, I have a little boy set up and am going to have to be classed as his Nanny until my registration has come through...all fine I thought except today I found out that Mum needs to pay in Childcare Vouchers, she gets £243 a month in those and will pay me the rest in cash.

So, how to Childcare Vouchers work? Am I able to accept them before I am registered? If not can I get them put into the account of a registered Childminder friend and get her to transfer the money..or can I use her registration number and get them put in my account?

Very confused about the best thing to do as Mum has said she can't afford to pay me in normal money until registration.

Thanks xx

samb
05-09-2012, 08:38 PM
Oh gosh I don't really know the answers but I thought you could only use childcare vouchers for registered care? And surely if you used friends reg number it could be fraudulent?

muffins
05-09-2012, 08:43 PM
You wont be able to recieve them until you are registered, either the parent is going to have to find another way to pay you or you will have to wait till you are registered.

You cant claim through your friend or her registration number legally!

Sorry, prob not what you wanted to hear x

mamamoomin
05-09-2012, 09:06 PM
That's what I thought...so how do they work? Will she give me a voucher that I save until I'm registered or will they stay in her bank account until she is able to transfer them to mine? I guess what I want to check is that say she gets £243 in her September wages will I be able to claim them and the October £243 once I am registered or will she lose them if she doesn't use them immediately? xx

muffins
05-09-2012, 09:38 PM
Her wages which she wants to count towards childcare will be put directly with a voucher scheme company, you will also need to register with company, she will then instruct them to pay you & it usually goes straight into your bank account. So you wont be able to recieve anything untill you register with them after getting ofsted registered!

Hope that makes sense!

Helcatt
05-09-2012, 09:49 PM
If she doesn't transfer it one month, it can be stored up and two or more payments made at a later date. But you won't be able to access that until you are registered, so she either has to pay you full cash amount to start with or you accept cash amount with agreement that the voucher money comes through as soon as registered - that asks for a little trust on your side though.

But if she has paid a deposit, and is paying in advance, then I might consider latter option, but only if I had a good vibe about the person

HX

rickysmiths
05-09-2012, 10:21 PM
You shouldn't be childminding before you are Registered anyway!!! Ofsted would take a very din view. Also you wouldn't be able to get PLI before you have a Reg No.

miffy
06-09-2012, 05:20 AM
You shouldn't be childminding before you are Registered anyway!!! Ofsted would take a very din view. Also you wouldn't be able to get PLI before you have a Reg No.

OP said she was going to nanny until her registration comes through

Miffy xx

bunyip
06-09-2012, 09:23 AM
If they're doing things properly, the voucher company won't activate your account until they've seena copy of your reg certificate and/or verified our EY number with Ofsted.