PDA

View Full Version : Already really don't like my new Wednesdays :(

stargazer1
05-09-2012, 09:03 AM
One of my Wednesday mindees is starting playschool this afternoon and I am taking her on her first day. Feel like I am taking one of my own as I have been looking after her way before I started minding (she is a friend's daughter) and I am really attached to her. DD went back to school this morning which always chokes me a bit as she doesnt really like school and she tried soooo hard not to cry this morning but her little eyes filled and her lip was trembling but she wouldn't give in to it. She just looked at me and said "its ok to be a bit nervous isnt it mummy on my first day in my new class". Nearly tipped me over the edge then!!

My Wednesdays will now go like this:

8am: First mindee dropped off

8.45am: school run

11.15: playschool pick up of one mindee

12.30 back to playschool for drop off of other mindee

3.15 out for school run

Somewhere in the middle I will fit in feeding them, playing, crafts etc (if I can find time! :laughing:) Each walk takes 15mins each way so I may as well just keep walking too and fro all day really. I'm sure this is what most of you do every day but I am used to both school runs and one playschool pick up some days. Today I don't know my **** from my elbow!

Pipsqueak
05-09-2012, 09:18 AM
Hump day!!:D

stargazer1
05-09-2012, 09:49 AM
Hump day!!:D

Hoorah for hump day! :clapping:

smurfette
05-09-2012, 11:44 AM
Hoorah for hump day! :clapping:

??? What's hump day?!

stargazer1
05-09-2012, 12:46 PM
??? What's hump day?!

Hehe, its the hump in the middle of the week. Monday and Tuesday are going up one side, Wednesday is the hump, Thursday and Friday coming down :laughing:

sarah707
05-09-2012, 05:11 PM
Sounds like my day except I don't do 2 nursery runs... I think you'll need to be ultra organised and have an easy lunch planned in advance!! :laughing:

Good luck! :D

Mouse
05-09-2012, 05:15 PM
Just be grateful it's only one day a week!

Is there no way you can change one of the mindees playgroup sessions so they are both there at the same time?

smurfette
06-09-2012, 01:18 PM
Aha! Thanks for explaining!! :thumbsup:

Hope you have found some way to make it easier op, it will get easier anyway when uou get used to it