PDA

View Full Version : its been nearly 3 months

devoncm
16-06-2008, 11:19 AM
And ive still got no interest and no minded children

What else can i do to get attentoion-ive advertised everywhere can think of and nothing, havent exactly got loads of money to keep advertising either

any ideas anyone?

katickles
16-06-2008, 11:35 AM
Hi Marie

I think generally its very quiet at the moment.

I felt the other week like i was never going to get any more enquiries, but luckily for me I did.

Keep your CIS advert update - ring them & ask them to update it as you will then be moved upto the top of the list. I'm forever on the phone to the point I know all the girls! :laughing:

Also get yourself to toddler groups. Do you know if you have a childminders only group? If so they are so worth going to as not only will you hopefully meet some other minders but they will keep you in mind if they have enquiries that they aren't able to take on.

I'm sure that you will get the calls just when you least expect them.

Hope so - will keep my fingers crossed :)

angeldelight
16-06-2008, 11:37 AM
Hi Marie

Sorry you have had no luck yet

A lot of children start school in September and will be needing before and after school care and also holiday care maybe you could go and advertise at your local school
Find out when they are having the new intake in and go and stand outside with leaflets
Some one did that at our school

Sometimes it can take a while and I know 3 mths seems ages to you but when it happens you will get a few calls at once I bet - and it will happen

What have you been doing to advertise ??

Hope it all works out soon and you get heaps of work

Good luck vibes coming your way

Angel xx

devoncm
16-06-2008, 11:44 AM
ive had adverts in shop windows all over anywhere that will put them up, done leaflet drops near where i live as theres loads of kids around and houses near parks my route to school, when i go out with marc in the car i put a poster in the car window as i dont drive.

I did get 2 calls in one day but one didnt turn up the other rang to say she got called into work and hasnt rang back since!!

venus89
16-06-2008, 11:49 AM
I just wanted to say 'fingers crossed' too - it's been slow here too and it can get you down. If you don't have little ones of your own borrow someone else's and get going to those toddler groups - you're your best advertisement! Good luck x

foxy lady
16-06-2008, 12:51 PM
hi there are lots of fetes and things around at the moment
could you get permission at local events and do some scouting there.:thumbsup: a friend of mine did it and came away with 2 new children

christine e
16-06-2008, 04:39 PM
I once went on a training course about marketing and someone mentioned handing about in Mothercare!!!!!!! Bit drastic but think about where new mums might be hanging out. Do you have a children's centre where you could go. I once recruited at the library, I went every week to storytime and befriended a lady (now a good friend) who got to know me and then asked me to look after her daughter, that was three years ago. I wear a NCMA fleece so that people know that I am a childminder and I always carry my business cards so that i can hand out when I get an enquiry.

Christine

christine e
16-06-2008, 04:40 PM
That should have been hanging about not handing about! Should check before I hit submit (I never learn)

Cx

devoncm
16-06-2008, 04:45 PM
Thanks for the ideas, ill be putting some of those to use-more flyers here we come!!!

crazybones
16-06-2008, 04:46 PM
Have you got any window posters up in the front of your house? I was about to take mine down literally the day someone knocked and she is starting her son on Friday. I have an after-schooler from my road starting September as she saw the poster too. Have you any friends on a school route who might display them on your behalf?

devoncm
16-06-2008, 04:48 PM
I di have one-been thinking about putting one back up but i live in a close so not many people passing but then again they could have friends i suppose.
thanks for the ideas ladies i knew id be able to get some from all of you.
just hope some work for me

samd35
16-06-2008, 05:57 PM
Hi Marie,

I'm in Exmouth too. It is quiet at the moment but I'll keep you in mind if I get any calls. Why don't you pop over to Exmouth Children's Centre and put a card on their noticeboard, I have. I have also got t-shirts printed, with my number on the back, bright green with yellow writing. Have just been to Crealy Adventure park today and the children and I all wore the t-shirts, other childminders there were really impressed.
As part of National Childminding Week , childminders are meeting down Exmouth Beach tomorrow from 10am, so if you fancy meeting up let me know.
Also if you ever want to meet up let me know.

Good Luck

Sam x

samd35
16-06-2008, 06:07 PM
Me again.

There is a Childminders Network Meeting every other Friday at the children's centre, next one on 27th June at 10.00am.
There is an evening one that is being run by Trio at the same place on 26th June, not sure of the time, I think around 7ish , will let you know.
Why don't you pop along Little Squirrels toddler group Mon, Wed or Fridays on Marpool Hill from 9.45am, everyone really friendly.

xx