View Full Version : Can I babysit in my home or is this minding?

04-09-2012, 07:36 PM
Hiya, I have been asked to look after a little girl for 2 hours as a one off but in my home. Is this classed as childminding or babysitting and am I able to do this? Should I complete any paperwork for it or put it through my childminding accounts?

Anything else I might not have thought of??

Thank you!

05-09-2012, 12:07 PM
Any thing that I do within my house is childminding. I would do an ad hoc policy as it may not be a one off they may come again in a month or two, all permissions, child record form, record in diary & register. Any money earned goes through my accounts. Even if it is babysitting elsewhere any money earned should legally still be declared to the tax man. I have a few children on ad hoc contracts where parents may ask for care if I have space for a few hours.

05-09-2012, 07:44 PM
Hiya, thank you for replying. That's what I thought but I'm not sure how to word an adhoc contract. Would you mind giving me some tips please? Do you use the normal contract paperwork but just leave the days/hours blank?

Sorry to be a pain...