PDA

View Full Version : EYFS for full time reception question

samb
04-09-2012, 05:40 PM
Hi, I have had an enquiry for a child in my ds's reception class 1 day a week term time only after school for 1.5 hours. I can do it and am happy to. However, what am I expected to do in terms of EYFS paperwork? Could I just literally have some sort of WOW type comments that I occasionally give to school teacher to contribute to her LJ there?

The only schoolie I have had since childminding has been part time reception so I had her more than school did or they have been out of EYFS.

I don't want to take her on for such little money and time if I am going to need to do a lot of paperwork!

sarah707
04-09-2012, 05:53 PM
The revised Eyfs says that we no longer have to deliver the full requirements for wrap around / holiday care children.

We must speak to parents and their other setting to find out what they want us to do with the child... I suggest you document the conversations in writing to show Ofsted.

Hth :D

samb
04-09-2012, 06:11 PM
The revised Eyfs says that we no longer have to deliver the full requirements for wrap around / holiday care children.

We must speak to parents and their other setting to find out what they want us to do with the child... I suggest you document the conversations in writing to show Ofsted.

Hth :D

Thanks Sarah - great idea. Might have a mini diary log or something. It just seemed quite an airy statement about not needing to deliver "full" requirements. I will respond to Mum now then! Thank you