PDA

View Full Version : do daily RA need to be printed?

lucyD
04-09-2012, 05:08 PM
Just recently started minding & have realised how much ink/paper I am wasting. The daily RA is only 2 pages per week but it all mounts up. Is it ok to just store them on computer to show Ofsted? What does everyone else do? Thanks :)

EmmaReed84
04-09-2012, 05:15 PM
Simples... I don't lol

I have decided to continue to do written risk assessments but just general ones that are reviewed. I also have a written statement that says the things I will do on a daily/weekly/monthly basis, like clean to loo, hoover floor, clean fridge, toys etc.

sarah707
04-09-2012, 05:29 PM
Mine covers a month - I print both sides and save for about a year then recycle :D

miffy
04-09-2012, 08:09 PM
My daily RA is printed and laminated. I don't sign it every day so no need to keep or recycle :D.

Miffy xx

Libby08
05-09-2012, 09:40 AM
I have a printed RA /daily check list in the back of my diary then I sign each day to show I have checked everything on the list, I jot down any changes or notes and add to or re do the sheet if I need to, I hope that's enough, I waste enough paper already!

Buttonsjan
05-09-2012, 11:55 AM
I have the daily risk assessment printed off in my 'planning file' but I just sign to say its been done in my diary.

Rubybubbles
05-09-2012, 11:59 AM
Mine covers a month - I print both sides and save for about a year then recycle :D

Mine is now a monthly sheet thanks to our fab Sarah ;)

JCrakers
05-09-2012, 12:40 PM
I have a general RA for each room. So for Lounge I have a general list which includes

Fireguard fitted
blind cords
window keys
etc.

then a daily check which i do in my head every morning.
make sure fireguard is fitted properly
Wires are out of reach
no glasses/dishes from night before
nothing left around by my children

its in a folder but I don't get it out every morning I just remember what's on it

bunyip
05-09-2012, 01:49 PM
Print.
Laminate.
Check off daily with dry-wipe pen.
Wipe clean daily with poo roll.

Rinse and repeat. :thumbsup:

littlecheeks
05-09-2012, 03:30 PM
Print.
Laminate.
Check off daily with dry-wipe pen.
Wipe clean daily with poo roll.

Rinse and repeat. :thumbsup:

have to agree i now do this too! i was doing a daily written one for a week, ticking off and signing. then at my recent inspection was told my 'full termly' RAs were enough and didnt need to keep paper copies for daily ones. so now i laminate and wipe!

Mollymop
05-09-2012, 04:08 PM
My house risk assessment (checking everything is safe in the house and garden etc) is updated every year or when they need arises. I write any actions on it and sign it off when it is done. I used to do a daily checklist that lasted a week but it got to much! I am sur eif we can show how we keep everything safe (1 risk assessment that is updated as and when) it would suffice.

Jods
05-09-2012, 04:32 PM
well following on from the RA guidance in the new EYFS, I have my risk assessments in a folder, which I will review annualy, unless if something new crops up, then I will add it.

I will still do a daily, half daily check (blurry dogs), but it just wont be recorded every time I do it x