PDA

View Full Version : Sick child

Aunty
04-09-2012, 03:55 PM
I bumped into a parent today who is due to bring their child to me tomorrow Thursday and Friday - they have been coming for quite some time and I emailed my policies when they first started and sent them all again including my updated ones only last week.
Mum said the LO had been up all night ill. Hmmm. Mum just popped in with the money they owe me and I asked how LO is. She said was feeling better , hadn't been sick but had done 3 runnies in the night and obviouslty felt unwell. My sickness policy states that diarrhoea (sp) or sickness is a 48 hour exclusion, but I got the distinct impression that they are going to be knocking on my door in the morning.
What do you suggest I say to let them know that I am NOT having the child, but in a way that sounds caring and not harsh?
We are very friendly and it makes it hard:(

Pipsqueak
04-09-2012, 04:22 PM
I would perhaps remind them of your sickness/poop policy....

Aunty
04-09-2012, 05:05 PM
I've manned up and telephoned them. They were NOT happy but hey ho I'd have more unhappy parents if I let the child come and everyone got ill . Have made a very positive decision now to acually stick to my guns and my policies - I've been a bit of a push over in the past but that's all changed now:) Thanks

sarah707
04-09-2012, 05:10 PM
Yay you! :clapping: I hope the little one is better soon :D

EmmaReed84
04-09-2012, 05:18 PM
I've manned up and telephoned them. They were NOT happy but hey ho I'd have more unhappy parents if I let the child come and everyone got ill . Have made a very positive decision now to acually stick to my guns and my policies - I've been a bit of a push over in the past but that's all changed now:) Thanks

My answer to that... tough!

They know your policies and if they don't read them then that is their problem not yours. Pleased you stuck to your guns! Start as you mean to go on lol :clapping: :thumbsup: