PDA

View Full Version : Pre-reg inspection - my house

tonis
04-09-2012, 01:18 PM
Hi all
On a pre-reg inspection, will the inspector have a good look at all the rooms in my house, or can I close the doors on some and just show the ones I will be using for my business?
Will they look in my oven, fridge, microwave and cupboards too? Just so I can make sure everything's sparkly!!

lin maddox
04-09-2012, 03:29 PM
Hi all
On a pre-reg inspection, will the inspector have a good look at all the rooms in my house, or can I close the doors on some and just show the ones I will be using for my business?
Will they look in my oven, fridge, microwave and cupboards too? Just so I can make sure everything's sparkly!!

Just look at the rooms you intend to use,the ones you will register for, won't look in cupboards or fridge, cooker or the one that visited me last friday didn't. :)

sarah707
04-09-2012, 04:37 PM
Just the rooms you are using for childminding...

Good luck! :clapping:

samsstars
08-09-2012, 07:46 PM
During my visit mrs O asked to look in all the bedrooms, none of which are childminding rooms!

Jexer72
08-09-2012, 07:50 PM
Yes - Mrs O looked in all my rooms including my en suite in the master bedroom. I'm not using any of my upstairs rooms for childminding but it didn't stop her having a good ol nose around - not the cupboards tho ;)

miffy
09-09-2012, 06:46 AM
I have known inspectors want to check all rooms (whether you intend to register them for use or not) to see if they are safe. The explanation was that children could access those rooms so they needed to check.

Never known an inspector look in cupboards though.

Miffy xx

eviesmum
10-09-2012, 01:12 PM
Mine just looked quickly at the rooms I'm using for childminding, basically she stood in the middle of the room and looked around. She suggested that I could use another upstairs room if I wanted and said she'd put it down so that I could if I changed my mind. She was very helpful and definitely didn't look in cupboards or other rooms :phew: