View Full Version : Advice needed please..

16-06-2008, 10:19 AM
Well after being down about having to turn down a parent and then regretting it I now have 2 parents who want my services - well not met them yet and I'm not sure about the best way to go about it. Obviously I want to keep my options open...

Parent 1 - 4 year old girl going to school September and 2 year old boy. Not sure what they want but might be full time for little boy and after school for couple of evenings a week but mum wasn't sure what she wanted to do. Downside - would have to rush to pick up DD from school and dash down country roads to pick up mindee from her school. Not needed until September.

Parent 2 - 18 month old girl who 's parents live in my village and are looking to move their DD from current childminder who is near mum's work. Would want 8am- 5pm with 6pm on Thursdays and alternate Tuesdays. Not sure when she wants to start.

Both mums are full-time teachers and would only want term-time care.

I'm waiting for mum 1 to get back to me with what she wants - she said she'd phone by Thursday.

Would you in the meantime arrange to meet mum 2, who wants to meet me and come and see my facilities?

I thinking of ringing mum 2 back this evening and arranging a meeting whilst waiting for mum 1 to get in touch. TBH I think that I'd prefer the 18 month old girl as it means less running around for me.


16-06-2008, 10:28 AM
I would meet the 2nd one and get a proper feel for her and what she needs ...

If you get on, then it's the better option I think.

Good luck! :D

16-06-2008, 10:29 AM
Definitely see Mum 2. You never know what might happen. Worst case scenario, you'll have to choose which one you want if they both decide to use you.

16-06-2008, 10:32 AM
Thanks guys - I knew you'd come good :laughing:

That's what I thought but as I'm new to all this I needed the opinions of some far more experienced people.

I'll give mum 2 a ring tonight - have already sent her an email to say this.

Thanks again.

16-06-2008, 10:34 AM
Good Luck. Hope it works out for you. :thumbsup:

Splish Splosh
16-06-2008, 10:59 AM
good luck im sure things will come right for you.:)

16-06-2008, 12:04 PM
Good luck

Hope it works out

Angel xx

16-06-2008, 12:30 PM
What good news, hope it goes well and you make the right decision.

Ali x

16-06-2008, 06:08 PM
Good luck, I would definately go for the 2nd child too, I only ever pick up fom one school as I am so worried about getting caught up and being late to the 2nd school.

Michelle M
16-06-2008, 06:30 PM
Good luck I am sure it will all work out let us know how it goes :)

16-06-2008, 06:41 PM
mum 2 sounds a better bet, you'd constantly be rushing with mum 1 it would be exhausting, and what would happen if your child's teacher needed to see you or you them?
Good luck whatever you decide:thumbsup: