PDA

View Full Version : Under 3's and planning

hedgehog
03-09-2012, 09:16 PM
I look after 3 under 2's (not all at the same time!) and I am a bit confused how much indivdual planning I should be doing for them. I plan activities for the older child I look after who is 3.5 and follow their interests but should I be planning for the little ones too? The other problem is 1 of them comes on an ad hoc basis so I might have him every week and then he wouldn't come for a month so it is really difficult to plan anything as his interests have totally changed each time he comes. How much do you write down and plan for your under 2's?

Daftbat
04-09-2012, 07:01 AM
You need to do individual planning for every child under 5. It doesn't have to be an essay though - just information showing what their current interests are and how you are going to use their current abilities to bring them on the their next steps.

sarah707
04-09-2012, 05:08 PM
Individual planning starts from observations.

jane loves playing with the playdough... you put some sparkles in it

John is really into his dinosaurs... you make a little play world for him in the messy tray

Katy loves music and dancing at home... you buy some scarves for her at the weekend

It is what you do every day with the children... you just need to make some brief notes in their Learning Journey booklets :D

hedgehog
04-09-2012, 08:37 PM
Thank you for your help. I think I am pretty much doing that already so that's one less thing to add to my list or worry about x:clapping: