PDA

View Full Version : Children not settling

Jane123
03-09-2012, 08:14 PM
Hello there - I have just started childminding and have two girls coming every day - by about 3 or 4pm they are wanting to go home and getting quite fed up.

I have a range of activities to offer them including playdough, puzzles, toys etc but nothing amuses them. I have taken them for walks and to the parks but again they are unamused.

Is this normal when new - is there anything else I can do to stop this happening?

Many thanks for any advice.

Zumba-mum
03-09-2012, 08:38 PM
How old are they? Maybe you could sit down with them and ask what they would like to do, do a plan together? Hope they settle soon

cathtee
03-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Hi you don't say how old they are, I have a 3 year old we make cakes, bread colour do sticking and she loves happy land. If they are old enough you could ask them what they would like to do and follow their lead. Hope they settle soon:)

gegele
03-09-2012, 08:42 PM
how old are they?

when do you give snack?

they might be tired at that time and need a bit of food boost: fruits, breadsticks houmous, rainins...

The Juggler
03-09-2012, 09:00 PM
i agree, new and young children often miss their home/parents when they are tired.

I'd find an exciting activity to do just about when they feel ready to go home.
You wil get there;

miffy
03-09-2012, 09:20 PM
I think it's perfectly natural too and in no way a reflection on you :)

Try and find something they would like to do at that time - sometimes just to sit with you and read a book or play a game together is enough to take my children's mind off other things

Miffy xx