PDA

View Full Version : letter to nursery

Helen Dempster
03-09-2012, 08:06 PM
hi all

Do any of you have a template you use for asking pre-school/nursery etc to work in partnership with your setting? Or have you any advice on how I would word such a letter (bit stuck!)

Thanks gang :thumbsup:

EmmaReed84
03-09-2012, 08:13 PM
I am not too big on letters. I prefer a more personable approach. I go and find out who the key worker is and get talking to them. I also have a form I fill out.

I also ask them, if there is anything I can do for them, for their own records and do their forms and such like. When doing certain things with the children like mark making and I have a few pages I also date them and pass them on and vice versa.

Helen Dempster
03-09-2012, 08:33 PM
Thanks Emma

It's not possible for me to go and physically see them face-to-face as it's too far from me and I won't be able to get there, but I still would like to work with them (I know that's probably not going to be easy!) I've done the 2yr check under the new EYFS and the LJ for parents to pass on (mindee starts at pre-school tomorrow and will only be with me one day a week from now on). I just wanted an introductory(?) letter to put with all the bits and pieces really.

xx

miffy
03-09-2012, 09:24 PM
Have you looked on the Bromley website? I'm sure there was an introductory letter you could adapt on there

Miffy xx

ChocolateChip
04-09-2012, 07:43 AM
This is more or less what I send out, use or ignore it as you please! :)

Dear Mrs xxxx( or playgroup name etc)

I will be caring for xx who will be in your pre school group/ baby room etc
this year, and I have asked parents to sign a permission form (enclosed) to allow us to share relevant information. This will allow us all to provide continuity of care for xx and to meet EYFS requirements for working in partnership.

In order for me to complement your planning and to avoid duplication of activities for xx I would appreciate it if you could let me know the main topics and activities intended for her/him, I will of course be happy to reciprocate. I have also produced a 'sharing' form which I find works well with other settings, to enable us to 'swap' observations on a termly basis.

It might also be nice to share newsletters, to keep each other up to date.
As it would be difficult for me to come to your nursery in person, may I suggest that we communicate by email if this is possible.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to get in touch, and I will be happy to discuss this matter further.

Kind regards
ZZZZ

Ofsted Registered Childminder